Notices

Nitto or BFG

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
Bmedic50 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Medic, 22 Special Tactics Squadron
Bmedic50's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto or BFG

Which tires are better, Nitto terra grapplers or the BFG all Terrain T/A. I mostly drive on pavement with moderate offroad. Nothing more than dirt and some mud. I want something that will look good, have good traction, and last.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto. You can thank me latter.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 AM   #3
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
nitto as well... bfgs will hurt your mpg since theyre pretty heavy
Old 06-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
nitto as well... bfgs will hurt your mpg since theyre pretty heavy
And the Nittos are supirior in traction.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
CoolWhip is on a distinguished road

CoolWhip's Tacoma Gallery
Nittos are the ones. Awesome tires!

Old 07-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know about the nittos, but i can say they look great!
Old 07-05-2008, 01:23 PM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I like the BFGs better. Especially in looks. The little "lightning" bolts on the Nittos killed it for me.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wow Nitto's are very recomended here. I didn't take them into consideration when looking for tires. I will keep them in mind when my truck needs new shoes.

So far though i have been really happy with my BFG's. I didn't lose any MPG and i came from a highway tire, great traction off road, and they look great.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #10
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
My Nitto's have 20,000 miles on them and they are still a little over half tread life left. They Rock! For best tread life rotate them every 5,000 miles. My 285/70/17's run 55psi.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
nittos and bfg's are both excellent offroad, but the nitto's probably ride a little better and may not cost as much as the bfg's. i like the bridgestone dueler a/t revo's that i had on my 06......awesome ride on road, and awesome traction off road!!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #12
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Nittos!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #13
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
I have BFG Muds and I like them but my next set of tires will probably be Nittos.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #14
bhtyler10 is on a distinguished road

bhtyler10's Tacoma Gallery
I like my bfg all terrains, They have good traction and tread life. Although I almost got stuck in some deep mud because they clogged up with mud and wouldn't clean themselves.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #15
taco nasty
DelawareTaco is on a distinguished road
DelawareTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I run nitto's too and i love em
Old 08-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #16
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I had the BFG's on an H-2 and they were awesome, I know a lot people like the nitto's, what ever you could get cheaper would be the winner.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
How long do the Nitto Terra Grapplers last compared to the BFG All Terrains?

I was set on getting BFG ATs until I ran into this thread.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooshoots View Post
How long do the Nitto Terra Grapplers last compared to the BFG All Terrains?

I was set on getting BFG ATs until I ran into this thread.
About the same.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:46 PM   #20
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
About the same.
Sounds good then. I had read somehwere else on the forums that the Nittos don't last quite as long as the BFGs.

I really hate the Rugged Trails now. Realized that after Tropical Storm Edouard crashed through Texas.

All that water on the roadways. I could have sworn my steering wheel was jerking while merging onto the highway.