Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Extending Mud Flaps

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Extending Mud Flaps

I need some help guys, I need to extend my the width of my mudflaps by at least 4 inches and I was wondering if anyone did this before? what materials would i need? they gotta be bolted on too, man i hate hawaii's stupid reconstruction laws. I needa do it in order to pass safety check though, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
duct tape to pass the inspection then take it off?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
duct tape it? lol im trying to understand what your saying but im confused lol? oh yeah on a side note, has anyone made their own?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
glue some of that garden rubber tube material to the side and take it off after the test?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bolt a piece of flatbar to your existing mudflap bolts and use that to support a second flap outboard of the first? Or just buy a couple of semi truck mudflaps, trim to size you want, bolt to existing brackets?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
duct tape it? lol im trying to understand what your saying but im confused lol? oh yeah on a side note, has anyone made their own?
Sorry, I meant to actually make the extensions out of the tape. This would of coarse be temporary just for the inspection. Im assuming you want a permanent solution?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
oh i see, hmm maybe i could try that... damn we'll see how strict they are when i visit... if not ima try buy some urethane n cut out my own
Old 06-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Get a semi truck mud flap and use your existing flap as both support and a guide. Gorilla glue the trimmed semi truck flap over your existing one for strength and maybe bolt the top corners... if you cut it cleanly enough you'll never know a difference unless you look at the tire side of the flap and see the bigger one sitting on the smaller original.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
alright appreciate the info guys!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Bolt a piece of flatbar to your existing mudflap bolts and use that to support a second flap outboard of the first? Or just buy a couple of semi truck mudflaps, trim to size you want, bolt to existing brackets?
x2