Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

FJ TRD wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
FJ TRD wheels

I am looking to buy some FJ TRD wheels. I found the silvers ones online for 126 and the blacks ones for $150. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. This is the info I came up with them..

Wheels specs are 16" x 7.5" with a +15mm offset 6x5.5" Bolt Pattern
The TRD Limited Edition came with P265/75R16 BF Goodrich® All Terrain Tires
Part numbers:
PT904-35070 - Silver
PT904-35071 - Gray Gunmetal
PTR20-35080 - Matte Black

I was wondering what the backspacing is on them though. I'd like the wheels to be flush with the outside of the fender flares. Anyone have anymore info on them?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
4.5" backspacing
Thanks I just found the answer too. Appreciate it though man. I gotta get a mod to delete this thread.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #5

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
FYI

I found this on KSL.com here in Utah. If I hadn't just bought tires I would be all over this.

$600 OBO
Toyota FJ TRD Wheels & Tires

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...id=&search=trd

Dang that a pretty good deal... I never heard of KSL. I'll look into it and see if they want to ship. Might be cheaper for me to just buy the wheels new and wait a few months before buying the new tires.

The 4.5 backspacing should make the wheels/tires flush with the fender flare right?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
^-----smokin deal right there...plenty of tread left on those tires too!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
my 285s on the gunmetal ones stick out just a bit
Old 06-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #8

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedComa View Post
my 285s on the gunmetal ones stick out just a bit
Nice man I was searching thru photos of trucks with em on and I saw an ass shot of your truck. Look good. I just don't like the wheels being swallowed by the wheel well. Looks perfect when they are even with the fender flare. Looks good man! Thanks.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Dang that a pretty good deal... I never heard of KSL. I'll look into it and see if they want to ship. Might be cheaper for me to just buy the wheels new and wait a few months before buying the new tires.

The 4.5 backspacing should make the wheels/tires flush with the fender flare right?
KSL.com is a news website here in Utah with a classified section. I buy and sell stuff on there all the time. It's has a pretty massive following.

For example I just bought a never used BFG AT 265/75/16 for $40, it's now my full size spare. Then I sold my old spare BFG Rugged Trail 265/70/16 fo $50 next day. Every city should have a classified like this and not Craigslist - to many scammers.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #10

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
KSL.com is a news website here in Utah with a classified section. I buy and sell stuff on there all the time. It's has a pretty massive following.

For example I just bought a never used BFG AT 265/75/16 for $40, it's now my full size spare. Then I sold my old spare BFG Rugged Trail 265/70/16 fo $50 next day. Every city should have a classified like this and not Craigslist - to many scammers.
Cool. I sent the guy an email. If he'll ship to me I'll probably do it.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #11
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's an absolutely smokin' deal on the gunmetal TRD wheels. That seller has no idea what he has in his hands...

FYI, I don't know that you can find the black and gunmetal at a dealership anywhere. There are places online that give prices, but they don't actually have them in stock.

I have the gunmetal ones as pictured above, but they don't seem to be quite as wide as I'd hoped.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Can you put up a pic of the wheels from the front and rear of your truck?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
sorry, I'm in the process of moving and my camera is packed away. I'll look and see if I have any pics of them from the front, but I know I won't have any from the back.

EDIT: Sorry, bud. Nothing from the front, but I still like showin' em off!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #14

Firefighter:
Thanks. I tried going thru some of your old posts to find some but couldn't,
Old 06-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #15
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
To be quite honest, I'm not certain that my opinion is very helpful. I've had 1.25" spidertrax spacers on my Offroad wheels for so long, I have forgotten how wide the stock trucks are. These certainly don't stick out as far as the stock wheels and spacers, but I'm not sure exactly how much difference there is.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #16
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
BTW the way i would recommended spray painting the gunmetal or silver ones black if you were wanting that color and planned on off roading. The wheels are not that deep making them prone to getting scratched while off roading. I have seen it happen on mine, and others out there.