Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

FJ TRD Wheels with Spacers?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
FJ TRD Wheels with Spacers?

Has anyone spaced out their FJ wheels? I'd love to see pics.

I had a set of Spidertrax spacers with my stock TRD Offroad wheels, and they seemed much wider than my FJ wheels. I thought the backspacing difference between the two was 1", and the spacers are 1.25", but it looks like way more than a quarter inch difference between the two setups.

Also, any rub issues if you've spaced your set of wheels?
Old 06-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
interested as well.

subbed.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Wont work. Essentially you would need to chop off the body mount for the wheel to be able to turn. It creates way to much -offset. If my math is correct the backspacing with the FJ wheels + spidertrax spacers would be 3.25"
Old 06-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
alright, that's what I was fearing.

Are these really 1" further out than the TRD Offroads? I haven't had my truck without spacers in such a long time, I've forgotten what a stock width Tacoma looks like. These FJ wheels are sweet, but they don't look 1" different to my untrained eye.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
check page 9 in my gallery for images
Is 1080 with stock rims and 1081 with the FJs?

Can't tell for sure, how much wider do they look to you?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still a bit confused... My tire tread is still within my fender wall, and I see plenty of Tacos with at least 1-1.5" of tread outside the fenders. Am I missing something?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #8
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else?

Are there any other spacer options similar to spidertrax? I ran those spacers for a long time on my stock wheels without issue. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a set of 3/4-1" spacers to give this a try if they were of similar build quality.

There's got to be a way to get these wider, I do miss my wider stance!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
I'm still a bit confused... My tire tread is still within my fender wall, and I see plenty of Tacos with at least 1-1.5" of tread outside the fenders. Am I missing something?
I'm willing to bet that spacers would work.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:00 AM   #10
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was talking with someone on here who is running 17x9 w/ 4.5" backspace. I'm trying to find out what kind of rub he is experiencing, because this would put the outside rim lip 4.5" out from the mounting surface. The TRD wheels are 3" out from the mounting surface, so he's 1.5" wider/side than my truck.

I'm not certain that I want to go that far out, since my rims are only 7.5" in width, but it begs the question... how far can you go?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lets dig this up from the graveyard.