1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Found some FJ SE Anthracite Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Chad, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Oct 30, 2010 at 2:43 AM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    So Toyota put a stop sale on the gun metal version of these wheels, but the silver ones are available? That's just dumb...wtf is the big deal with these wheels and Toyota?? It's just a damn color! :annoyed:

2. Oct 30, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    tybikes

tybikes Member

Member:
    I thought about it, but the overall cost will start going up really quickly if I go that route. I'm not looking to drop a grand on wheels at this point.

3. Oct 30, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    rcmorgan540

rcmorgan540 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood 6960 Head Unit
    I just got off the phone with my dealer. He Could not see a photo so he is ordering me one to look at to make sure it is right. $127 a wheel. Fingers crossed for it to be in Tuesday. This is the part number that ends in 71.

4. Oct 30, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    Chewy

Chewy Member

Member:
    MT
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 SR5
    You'll receive a call from him in a couple days saying he can't order it for you unless you have a SE VIN and proof the wheel was damaged.

I reallly hope it turns out different for you, but have my doubts. Keep us posted.

5. Nov 4, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    rcmorgan540

rcmorgan540 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood 6960 Head Unit
    I have bought a lot of parts from him over the years. He may be fudging it for me. He said they showed 2 in stock and he ordered on Monday. They came in this morning and I picked them up. They are showing two more in stock now. He is ordering those today!! Sweet! He is saying they probably have a lot of them but inventory is only showing 2 at a time.

6. Nov 5, 2010 at 6:47 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
  7. Nov 12, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    tybikes

tybikes Member

Member:
    Ok, so I give up on finding these for the time being. Unfortunately I'm stuck with some brand new TPMS for these wheels (or any other alloy that takes the 20* angle TPMS sensors. Paid $60, will let them go for less. PM me if you're interested. Set of 4

8. Nov 22, 2010 at 6:50 AM
    jerlane

jerlane Well-Known Member

Member:
    Minneapolis, MN
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport DC LB 4x4
    Does anyone know the best place to order these in silver? I just called Toyota of Richardson and they said they couldn't sell either color unless you were replacing a stock wheel.
    Thanks.

9. Nov 22, 2010 at 7:12 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    Check the FJ Crusier Forum, you might find a set for sale there.

GL

Taco4x4nc

10. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    tybikes

tybikes Member

Member:
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  11. Nov 28, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    Bz3r0

Bz3r0 Smackalicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Edwards AFB, CA
    Vehicle:
    White 2017 TRD Offroad
    Under Construction
    When i placed the order for my Anthracite wheels, after calling a few dealerships in the area (and some out of the area) I called the warehouse in FL. I placed the order with an awesome chick rep (I think her name was Amanda), anywho... I went on Autotrader.com and looked up what FJ Cruisers were special editions and made sure i Acquired a # from an ad that had those wheels specifically (When rolled off of the line) and placed my order against that VIN#... my total from ordering them was around 560.00. Shipping and all. I got my wheels from UPS about 4 days later since I'm in SC. Still waiting on being backpaid since i was in Iraq when i ordered them... All i need now is Tires! Argalarg!

12. Nov 28, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:

Let me get this right, your saying you placed an order over the phone by using a VIN number from a random FJ SE you don't own that you found on auto trader :eek::eek: .......and now your telling the world on an open public forum you did this? :eek::eek: hmmmmmm.......interesting..... wow....I guess most dealers are requiring original owners to submit their FJ SE TRD vin# in order to order these wheels from Toyota. Mark Bennett of Toyota of Richardson sold me my rims. No vin number was required and not listed on the reciept from the dealership which is in my possession. Seems like Toyota has clamped down and slammed the door on selling these rare rims.

13. Nov 28, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    i think what he is sayin he ordered the rims from the vin num to get the right ones he wanted

14. Nov 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The "right ones he wanted" are special edition rims that they require you to provide a VIN for. You need to have a VIN, and it should be from a vehicle you own, and they will sell you the rims.
    If he had not nabbed the VIN from some random truck on Autotrader- The company would have told him they would not sell him the rims. While I'm not sure it rises to the level of "stealing" it certainly is fraud...and should the owner of that FJ ever need rims-Who knows what questions will arise...

15. Nov 30, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:

Yep, Brunes, you are spot on, that was my point. Well said.

Taco4x4nc

16. Nov 30, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    got ya . i didnt know there are rims that you have to have the vin num to order.

17. Dec 14, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    Bz3r0

Bz3r0 Smackalicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Edwards AFB, CA
    Vehicle:
    White 2017 TRD Offroad
    Under Construction
    I had contacted the owner of the SE FJ Cruiser and got the green light from them to order the rims against their Vin #. I wouldn't have ordered the rims against their vehicle, otherwise. Also, had Toyota sent them a letter thanking them for purchasing new rims from them, it would have raised an eyebrow. While the way I obtained the wheels may be considered a little foul by Toyota, no harm was done. I most certainly did not "Nab" anything, and covered my bases.

18. Dec 14, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    grunt66

grunt66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DBL cab 4X4 off road
    Consider yourself lucky. A friend of mine placed an order the same way you did and the dealer received the wheels but refunded his money and he did not get the wheels. It appears the dealership used the vin number in its database and vehicle was brought into their dealership for service under a different name. The parts department said they required the registration for the vehicle in order for them to release the wheels to him. The parts guy told him they were forwarding this information up the chain to Toyota headquarters.

19. Dec 14, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    Good351

Good351 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ames, IA
    Vehicle:
    03 4Runner V8

Shady. Why not just accept that u cannot get them without owning the SE FJ... And find another wheel that looks as good..

20. Dec 14, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    Bz3r0

Bz3r0 Smackalicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Edwards AFB, CA
    Vehicle:
    White 2017 TRD Offroad
    Under Construction
    I recently posted this earlier in the thread, in regards to the accusation that i "Nabbed" a random VIN off of the Autotrader website.... :

**I had contacted the owner of the SE FJ Cruiser and got the green light from them to order the rims against their Vin #. I wouldn't have ordered the rims against their vehicle, otherwise. Also, had Toyota sent them a letter thanking them for purchasing new rims from them, it would have raised an eyebrow. While the way I obtained the wheels may be considered a little foul by Toyota, no harm was done. I most certainly did not "Nab" anything, and covered my bases.**

Call it what you will. I understand that people are going to have their own moral opinions... When I saw this thread, I though I might help others obtain FJ SE wheels BUT, NOT by stealing a VIN#. Anywho, happy hunting to all of you who are after these wheels. Good Luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top