Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Found some FJ SE Anthracite Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #201
oldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really nice
Coast Guard: AMT
Name: Jeff
oldsman71442's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got a full set I am looking to get rid of. I probably paid to much for them in the first place and don't want to loose any money on them. They are NIB Anthracites. I don't know how to post up a picture on here without linking it to somewhere else but if someone sends me their email i will be happy to email them actual pictures.... I am not hiding anything I would like to get 1000 for the set of 4. Sorry if you think its high keep your comments to yourself if you are going to say thats outragous. I understand its higher than you think you should pay but no one can seem to get these lately.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:43 AM   #202
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
So Toyota put a stop sale on the gun metal version of these wheels, but the silver ones are available? That's just dumb...wtf is the big deal with these wheels and Toyota?? It's just a damn color!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #203
tybikes is on a distinguished road
tybikes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4x4NC View Post
Have you considered buying the silver FJ TRD rims and having them powdercoated in gunmetal? This was something I considered before I found a set of the anthracite gray.

GL
I thought about it, but the overall cost will start going up really quickly if I go that route. I'm not looking to drop a grand on wheels at this point.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #204
rcmorgan540 is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey
rcmorgan540's Tacoma Gallery
I just got off the phone with my dealer. He Could not see a photo so he is ordering me one to look at to make sure it is right. $127 a wheel. Fingers crossed for it to be in Tuesday. This is the part number that ends in 71.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #205
Chewy is on a distinguished road
Chewy's Tacoma Gallery
You'll receive a call from him in a couple days saying he can't order it for you unless you have a SE VIN and proof the wheel was damaged.

I reallly hope it turns out different for you, but have my doubts. Keep us posted.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #206
rcmorgan540 is on a distinguished road
Name: Casey
rcmorgan540's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got 2 today ...

I have bought a lot of parts from him over the years. He may be fudging it for me. He said they showed 2 in stock and he ordered on Monday. They came in this morning and I picked them up. They are showing two more in stock now. He is ordering those today!! Sweet! He is saying they probably have a lot of them but inventory is only showing 2 at a time.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #208
tybikes's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, so I give up on finding these for the time being. Unfortunately I'm stuck with some brand new TPMS for these wheels (or any other alloy that takes the 20* angle TPMS sensors. Paid $60, will let them go for less. PM me if you're interested. Set of 4
Old 11-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #209
jerlane is on a distinguished road
jerlane's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know the best place to order these in silver? I just called Toyota of Richardson and they said they couldn't sell either color unless you were replacing a stock wheel.
Thanks.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #210
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
Does anyone know the best place to order these in silver? I just called Toyota of Richardson and they said they couldn't sell either color unless you were replacing a stock wheel.
Thanks.
Check the FJ Crusier Forum, you might find a set for sale there.

GL

Taco4x4nc
Old 11-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #211
tybikes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #212
Smackalicious!
Bz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 169th FW
Name: Bryan
Bz3r0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bz3r0 Send a message via Yahoo to Bz3r0
When i placed the order for my Anthracite wheels, after calling a few dealerships in the area (and some out of the area) I called the warehouse in FL. I placed the order with an awesome chick rep (I think her name was Amanda), anywho... I went on Autotrader.com and looked up what FJ Cruisers were special editions and made sure i Acquired a # from an ad that had those wheels specifically (When rolled off of the line) and placed my order against that VIN#... my total from ordering them was around 560.00. Shipping and all. I got my wheels from UPS about 4 days later since I'm in SC. Still waiting on being backpaid since i was in Iraq when i ordered them... All i need now is Tires! Argalarg!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #213
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bz3r0 View Post
When i placed the order for my Anthracite wheels, after calling a few dealerships in the area (and some out of the area) I called the warehouse in FL. I placed the order with an awesome chick rep (I think her name was Amanda), anywho... I went on Autotrader.com and looked up what FJ Cruisers were special editions and made sure i Acquired a # from an ad that had those wheels specifically (When rolled off of the line) and placed my order against that VIN#... my total from ordering them was around 560.00. Shipping and all. I got my wheels from UPS about 4 days later since I'm in SC. Still waiting on being backpaid since i was in Iraq when i ordered them... All i need now is Tires! Argalarg!

Let me get this right, your saying you placed an order over the phone by using a VIN number from a random FJ SE you don't own that you found on auto trader .......and now your telling the world on an open public forum you did this? hmmmmmm.......interesting..... wow....I guess most dealers are requiring original owners to submit their FJ SE TRD vin# in order to order these wheels from Toyota. Mark Bennett of Toyota of Richardson sold me my rims. No vin number was required and not listed on the reciept from the dealership which is in my possession. Seems like Toyota has clamped down and slammed the door on selling these rare rims.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #214
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4x4NC View Post

Let me get this right, your saying you placed an order over the phone by using a VIN number from a random FJ SE you don't own that you found on auto trader .......and now your telling the world on an open public forum you did this? hmmmmmm.......interesting. wow....
i think what he is sayin he ordered the rims from the vin num to get the right ones he wanted
Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #215
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
i think what he is sayin he ordered the rims from the vin num to get the right ones he wanted
The "right ones he wanted" are special edition rims that they require you to provide a VIN for. You need to have a VIN, and it should be from a vehicle you own, and they will sell you the rims.
If he had not nabbed the VIN from some random truck on Autotrader- The company would have told him they would not sell him the rims. While I'm not sure it rises to the level of "stealing" it certainly is fraud...and should the owner of that FJ ever need rims-Who knows what questions will arise...
Old 11-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
The "right ones he wanted" are special edition rims that they require you to provide a VIN for. You need to have a VIN, and it should be from a vehicle you own, and they will sell you the rims.
If he had not nabbed the VIN from some random truck on Autotrader- The company would have told him they would not sell him the rims. While I'm not sure it rises to the level of "stealing" it certainly is fraud...and should the owner of that FJ ever need rims-Who knows what questions will arise...

Yep, Brunes, you are spot on, that was my point. Well said.

Taco4x4nc
Old 11-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #217
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
got ya . i didnt know there are rims that you have to have the vin num to order.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #218
Smackalicious!
Bz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 169th FW
Name: Bryan
Bz3r0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bz3r0 Send a message via Yahoo to Bz3r0
Quote:
I had contacted the owner of the SE FJ Cruiser and got the green light from them to order the rims against their Vin #. I wouldn't have ordered the rims against their vehicle, otherwise. Also, had Toyota sent them a letter thanking them for purchasing new rims from them, it would have raised an eyebrow. While the way I obtained the wheels may be considered a little foul by Toyota, no harm was done. I most certainly did not "Nab" anything, and covered my bases.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #219
grunt66 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Retired USMC
grunt66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Consider yourself lucky. A friend of mine placed an order the same way you did and the dealer received the wheels but refunded his money and he did not get the wheels. It appears the dealership used the vin number in its database and vehicle was brought into their dealership for service under a different name. The parts department said they required the registration for the vehicle in order for them to release the wheels to him. The parts guy told him they were forwarding this information up the chain to Toyota headquarters.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #220
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Shady. Why not just accept that u cannot get them without owning the SE FJ... And find another wheel that looks as good..