LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Found some FJ SE Anthracite Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #21
Smackalicious!
Bz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 169th FW
Name: Bryan
Bz3r0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bz3r0 Send a message via Yahoo to Bz3r0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
Was it Jim Hudson in Irmo? We bought a Rav4 from there a couple years back.
Why yes, yes it is. Whereabouts in Columbia were you staying?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:55 PM   #22
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was looking around yesterday and found that shoptrd has the FJ SE Anthracite wheels for $143 a piece, and FREE shipping. I haven't talked to them, but in the past some people have had to give FJ VIN numbers to get them.
Only the Trail Teams wheels required a VIN.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #23
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
I just ordered a set from there about a week ago, they just came in today! Getting my wheels and tires installed tomorrow! VERY EXCITED!
Pics?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #24
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bz3r0 View Post
Why yes, yes it is. Whereabouts in Columbia were you staying?
We still lived here in NC, Jim Hudson just had the EXACT Rav4 we wanted so we drove down there and picked it up. The local dealer wasn't being much help.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #25
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Pics?
Sears couldn't put on my billies, which I wanted done before putting on my new wheels and tires, so I drove to 17 different auto mechanics in a 50 mile radius of my house, no one could put them on that day, so I have an appt tomorrow at 9am to get them put on, and then im heading over to have sears put on my tires Unfortunately after that though, I have to run to my friends stereo shop store to pick up some wire and connectors to wire up my bed speakers for the drive ins, and then my dad and I are going to state college to pick up his new jetta tdi (i'm buying his old one, 54mpg here i come!) and THEN I will finally come home, and take pictures, so probably in about 20ish hours from now, I will have pictures to post!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #26
Smackalicious!
Bz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant futureBz3r0 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 169th FW
Name: Bryan
Bz3r0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Bz3r0 Send a message via Yahoo to Bz3r0
Quote:
We still lived here in NC, Jim Hudson just had the EXACT Rav4 we wanted so we drove down there and picked it up. The local dealer wasn't being much help.
Yeah, i hear you... its hard to find a good dealership nowadays... I ended up buying my Taco when i was home on leave in Houston.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #27
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bz3r0 View Post
Yeah, i hear you... its hard to find a good dealership nowadays... I ended up buying my Taco when i was home on leave in Houston.
We ended up buying the Tacoma from that dealership though and didn't have any issues.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #29
kulcat is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, and I talked to them earlier today and they guy said I could not be put on any waiting list or anything, and this is ONE day after I ordered those on their website only to have them cancel b/c they weren't in stock....who thinks they had them the whole time? Pricks.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #30
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I just went to the shoptrd website and they now want $375 a piece for these... are they crazy?!?!?!
WHAAAAT??? thats freaking ridiculous. I just bought a set from them. Definately do NOT buy from them, they are using the supply and demand logic. Let demand go down, and so will their price. guys, check with your local dealers. I've had friends who got theirs for 120 a pop from their dealers no questions asked, though, mine tried to tell me that "they dont fit." Luck of the draw I guess
Old 08-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #31
Heeeey guess what! On their website, it also says Found a lower price? We will be it. They have a low price gaurentee. Someone should call their BS and have them sell the wheels at the normal price.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #32
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
Since they did this, bout 99% sure the "some restrictions do apply" will apply in this case!!! I called them after seeing this thread...how many others did? I mean they must have been bombarded w/ calls recently.

As much as I've talked to them, here's what I think they are doing:
They don't have the rims in stock. I called 4 local dealers today, and all of them confirmed that ZERO dealers had any in stock from what they could see in the metroplex...that's right ZERO. I don't know why they would lie to me about that, but I guess they could. Anyway, I can see someone placing an order for these at $375/rim or whatever they are, and then they bend over backwards to find some for prob $200/rim and make a killing, plus they'd already have the money in hand from customer. like I said, I ordered them off their website yesterday, and they told me it was cancelled this morning b/c of no stock. something isn't right.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #33
I have a few friends in the service and parts departments at a couple of dealerships. Let me see what I can get out from them. I already have a set of 4, I wouldn't mind picking up a spare to replace my spare, but I'm definately not dropping 375 for one. Thats ridiculous. I'll ask around tomorrow while I'm getting some work done, and I'll post back what I find. How many sets of 4 am I trying to find? (dont PM me...just post in here, it'll be easier for me)
Old 08-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #34
kulcat's Tacoma Gallery
I would like a set of 4 shipped to Dallas, TX 75093(Plano, TX) if you need a zip for shipping calcs.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #35
When I find out which dealers have them in stock (and are selling them for 150 or less a piece) i'll get their info to you guys, not all of them have websites so you may have to call, ill see what I can find out.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #36
Taco Newb
Imaking will become famous soon enough

Name: Isaac
Imaking's Tacoma Gallery
If you could find out that any dealerships in Vegas have them, it would be much appreciated
Old 08-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #37
Well, got my wheels and tires put on, as well as the front 5100 billies. It...was a bit of a train wreck...but, i guess it could have been worse. They guy originially said it'd take about an hour for the shocks...it took 3. Then when I got to sears to get the tires and wheels put on, they were backed up, and they said it'd take about 4 hours...so i went to see a movie, no biggie. When they called to tell me it was done, they also told me, that one of the tires only came with 5 (instead of 6) lugs. I already sent an email to ShopTRD.com to send me a replacement lug nut, even though i've ordered a set of wheel locks. Then, while driving home, going 55 was fine, when I went to pass and got up to 60, my wheel began to shake like my truck turned into a blender...when I got home, i realize they put on the wrong tires. I ordered the P265/75/16 Michelin LTX M/S2s, and they put on the LT265/75/16 Michelin LTX M/S2s. I'm not sure if I'm going to bother going back or not, I drove around on them, to take my avid off road light bar to the shop to be powder coated, and drove about 40 miles, and on my way home the wheels seemed to be settling in and were considerably less noisey. Anyway, they are all on, and look pretty sick if I do say so myself. The next post will contain pictures! be ready!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #38

Old 08-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #39
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ looks good but your gas mileage is gonna go to shit, considering the LT's are about twice as heavy as the P-metrics.... plus it's an inventory issue for sears, I'd take it back. Oh, and did they give you new sensors, or rebuild the ones you had?
Old 08-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #40
I just got back from Sears actually, I told them they put the wrong tires on, and the guys jaw dropped and he turned a bit white. He walked out, checked, and came in and started to appologize. Long story short, they didnt have the tires I ordered in stock (i'm pretty sure they sold them earlier that day because they were in, the manager had checked for me personally) The guy said he must not have checked when he put them on (which I think is bull...i dunno though, mistakes happen) Anyway, the guy there told me to come in again tomorrow when the manager is in at 2. They are going to re-order me my tires, and then put them on. I did the research, and I definately want P, not LT. OH well. Oh, and for the senors, you were right, they just put new stems on my current sensors, which was ok. I was acutally quite surprised at how aggressive the tread depth was on these. I was going to purchase a set of winter tires, but I think I will be ok with these! If I'm not, and order a set of winter tires, I'll send ya a pm about sensors though. Thanks a million for everything!