1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Found some FJ SE Anthracite Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Chad, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Jun 18, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    Chad

Chad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    I was looking around yesterday and found that shoptrd has the FJ SE Anthracite wheels for $143 a piece, and FREE shipping. I haven't talked to them, but in the past some people have had to give FJ VIN numbers to get them. Go to the site and enter part number "PT904-35071" into the part number search for toyotas. The part number and a pic of the wheels can found in this post.

Tacoma_Jake likes this.
  2. Aug 17, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    kulcat

kulcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Plano, TX
    Not sure if I can reply here, but as of last week, they do not have these in the anthracite, only the regular silver. This is close to my house and I've called multiple times w/ same answer.

3. Aug 17, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    MJonesTrumpet

MJonesTrumpet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    I just ordered a set from there about a week ago, they just came in today! Getting my wheels and tires installed tomorrow! VERY EXCITED!

4. Aug 17, 2010 at 11:31 AM
    kulcat

kulcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Plano, TX
    WTF, pm sent...I want some!

5. Aug 17, 2010 at 3:27 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    PM replied, and, I ordered the anthracite ones...? They had them when I ordered them anyway. And, they are definately worth the wait! I liked the silver...but the anthracite are sooooo much nicer. Definately wait till they have more in stock before getting the silver!

6. Aug 17, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    Chad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Did you guys have to provide a VIN number to get them. Sometimes they make you have to have a VIN to order them since they're in somewhat limited quantities.

7. Aug 17, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    Imaking

Imaking Taco Newb

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    Pahrump, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    OME 885x coils, 5100's set at 0. Deaver 2" AAL and 5100s out back. AFE Pro Dry S drop-in, BHLM, '10 sport grille.
    In for more info on this. These are the only wheels I'm interested in for my truck so if they're temporarily available I might need to pull some money out of my ass. Lol

8. Aug 17, 2010 at 5:48 PM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    These gunmetal wheels are the shizzle...just wish I had some spare change lyin around.

9. Aug 17, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    Chad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Yeah same here. I'd have to buy new tires too which would be another 800-1000 $'s

10. Aug 17, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    iSTIZO99

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    Definitely gotta get new tires. Do you think these rims would fit well with our TPMS sensors?

11. Aug 17, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    Chad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I don't think there would be an issue. The only thing is you have to pay a "nominal" fee to have them transfered.

12. Aug 17, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    I ordered them online, and used a vin from an FJ cruiser that came stock with the wheels. I also got new tires, 900 bucks, which made me cry...alot... Basically for the whole set-up, it was just shy of 1500. But i've been saving for a while. As far as the tpms, they will work with them, but the ones on steelie wheels are different from the alloy wheels. I have stock steel wheels, so I had to get new sensors, which, came to another 50 bucks. Oh well, I think it'll be worth it! I'm getting them put on tomorrow along with my 5100 billies for the front! I'm definately excited, and will definately post pics!

13. Aug 17, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    iSTIZO99

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    Man that sounds nice...I'd be excited too if I had gotten all the stuff you did. And don't forget the pics! Yea I've got the stock Sport alloys now so I figure my current sensors should transfer over easily without having Toyota recalibrate the ECU.

14. Aug 17, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    Bz3r0

Bz3r0 Smackalicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Edwards AFB, CA
    Vehicle:
    White 2017 TRD Offroad
    Under Construction
    I was lucky enough to get in touch with the Stealership thats not too far from where i live, and talk to someone in the parts department about these wheels. I asked about the little rumors going around about them halting the sell of them to only FJ Cruiser SE owners and he didn't know what i was talking about... Guess i'll be scooping up a set of these when i get back in town. I just hope i'll be the first Taco in the area to own a set ;)

15. Aug 17, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    I definately wont forget the pictures haha. And yes, your alloy wheels have the correct sensor to do a perfect swap out/in for them. mine did not...but its ok, becuase I may be getting a nice set of winter tires for my stock steelies so then they too can have the sensor.

16. Aug 17, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    Chad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Was it Jim Hudson in Irmo? We bought a Rav4 from there a couple years back.

17. Aug 17, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    Archangel

Archangel Insurance Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    '13 IS250
    um... I regret to inform you that they aren't giving you new sensors, but merely replacing the retaining nut, rubber grommet, core, and cap. It's the easiest thing to do when you change wheels/tires. The easiest explanation is that there's no way to torque the retaining nut on the same part of the rubber grommet to 60 in/lbs and guarantee that they won't leak. New sensors are about 55 a piece, cheapest that I've found around.

18. Aug 17, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    Haha nah, Im getting all new sensors. I know the people there and they are cutting deals for me:D

19. Aug 17, 2010 at 7:52 PM
    Archangel

Archangel Insurance Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    '13 IS250
    keep me posted and let me know if they don't I'll grab them up for you at 55 a pop

20. Aug 17, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA

I will definately keep that in mind! I could have very well mis-understood what they were explaining to me. Thanks a ton!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top