Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New wheels (procomp 7089) will they fit?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
bkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to behold
Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Brandon
bkthompson6's Tacoma Gallery
New wheels (procomp 7089) will they fit?

Ok, so i got the go ahead from the ol' lady to get new wheels. I'm already set on the 7089's. I have a 2005 DCSB 4x4 4.0 V6. Will these fit my truck? Procomp 7089 18"x9", 6x5.5, center: 108, offset: -6mm, BKSP: 4.75". They are not hubsentric, does this matter? The wheels i have on my truck right now are 18" so they should fit the tires i have. 4wheelonline wants $145.99 each, this is the cheapest i have found. please let me know soon because i want to get them ordered!! Thanks guys.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
bkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Truck View Post
Make sure you get the right lug nuts.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1884165
I dont think i have the TPMS. And I'm pretty sure that the lugnuts i have right now are tapered. Is that all i should be worried about? If my lugnuts dont fit then i will just buy new ones when i get the wheels mounted.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I think you also need hub centric wheels hopefully someone else chimes in to help you out.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
bump

someone please help me with this... i want to get them ordered because im sure they will take forever to get here. thanks
Old 06-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
bump.

this is rediculous, no one knows anything about these wheels?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
IB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura about
IB Slingin's Tacoma Gallery
you want NON Hub-Centric. If I remember correctly, the ProComp 7089 hub-centric wheels are for a Chevy. The smaller bore(hub) size wont fit the Tacoma. The Non hub centric fits the Tacoma perfectly. As a matter of fact, they go on so tight, you'd swear it was hub-centric. Also, ProComp makes black lug nuts for these wheels. I have the NON hub-centric on mine......
Old 06-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB Slingin View Post
you want NON Hub-Centric. If I remember correctly, the ProComp 7089 hub-centric wheels are for a Chevy. The smaller bore(hub) size wont fit the Tacoma. The Non hub centric fits the Tacoma perfectly. As a matter of fact, they go on so tight, you'd swear it was hub-centric. Also, ProComp makes black lug nuts for these wheels. I have the NON hub-centric on mine......
Are they the shank lug nuts.
http://www.brandsport.com/grla-21138et.html
Old 06-20-2010, 07:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by linwoodm View Post
^ You would be correct! You want LUG-CENTRIC WHEELS!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by linwoodm View Post
^ that is the same thing!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:12 AM   #13
IB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura about
My lug nuts DO NOT have a shank. Im not saying the small shank ones wont work. Mine are the acorn style. I still have the ProComp lug nuts box. Part# 21134B. Description: 6 lug, 7 point, 12x1.5, Color: black.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #14
Quote:
Bro this is a sick truck!! hopefully exactly what mine will look like when i get those wheels!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkthompson6 View Post
Bro this is a sick truck!! hopefully exactly what mine will look like when i get those wheels!
Thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 10:24 AM   #16
Quote:
Thanks
Where did you get those procomp black lug nuts? I have found them online but i think they are the chrome ones, they have the same part number as the ones you described except for the "B" at the end which i assume is for "black". Thanks man
Old 06-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #17
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
you want the one with 4.5 backspacing
Old 06-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
you want the one with 4.5 backspacing
well then it looks like i wont be getting these wheels because they dont make 18"s in 4.5 backspacing, and im not getting new tires.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well then it looks like i wont be getting these wheels because they dont make 18"s in 4.5 backspacing, and im not getting new tires.
well you can get the 4.75 backspacing one but it may rub on the UCA... but then you could always get wheel spacers... I was looking into getting those but people kept saying they'd rub

stock wheels are like 5 backspacing but I think they are only 6" wide rim
Old 06-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #20
Quote:
Where did you get those procomp black lug nuts? I have found them online but i think they are the chrome ones, they have the same part number as the ones you described except for the "B" at the end which i assume is for "black". Thanks man
Pro Comp Wheels 21134B - Pro Comp Wheels Lug Nuts, Studs & Washers - Overview - SummitRacing.com