Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

will my tires fit on these?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
will my tires fit on these?

I don't know how wide the stock TRD OR rims are, so I have nothing to compare it to. My tires are 265/70R16. So... uh... will my tires fit on these rims?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...tNo=PCW52-6884

6 on 5.5 bolt pattern
16x8inches
4.5 inch BS

thanks!
Old 06-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to check to see if the wheels will clear the calipers.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Your tires will fit on the wheels. But if the wheels fit on your truck is another question.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD offroad rims are 7 inches wide.

I'm running 265's on a 9 inch rim with no problem, so you're good to go with the 8 inch wide rim.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The TRD offroad rims are 7 inches wide.

I'm running 265's on a 9 inch rim with no problem, so you're good to go with the 8 inch wide rim.
Nice! Good to go as far as clearing the brakes and such?
Old 06-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
Nice! Good to go as far as clearing the brakes and such?
That's another story, as Tim and Andrew pointed out. There are some styles of 16's that won't clear the cailipers.

Mine are 18's so I can't help you there.....your best bet is to do a little searching around here and see if you can find anyone on here with those rims, and ask them if they cleared without issues.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
AYYYYYYYYYYYY

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
That's another story, as Tim and Andrew pointed out. There are some styles of 16's that won't clear the cailipers.

Mine are 18's so I can't help you there.....your best bet is to do a little searching around here and see if you can find anyone on here with those rims, and ask them if they cleared without issues.
Gotcha gotcha. Thanks for the help! I did some searching before I posted this thread up and couldn't quite find the info i needed, but i'll keep snooping around.