Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Nitto Trail Grapplers Installed (pictures)

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
DizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant future
Navy:
Name: Dennis
DizzyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Trail Grapplers Installed (pictures)

Just got the Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/70/R16's installed. Had to install a 1/4" spacer on the front wheels so they wouldn't rub the upper control arm when turned all the way (full lock?). I love them... They are pretty quiet for a mud tire too!
Before:

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

After:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a beefy looking tire!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. I think those will be my next tires instead of duratracs.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
Howard Roark
Gossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud of

Gossamer's Tacoma Gallery
i'm sorry. I can't hear the questions over the noise they must make! Are they loud? I think they look great.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
DizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant futureDizzyZ has a brilliant future
Navy:
DizzyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
i'm sorry. I can't hear the questions over the noise they must make! Are they loud? I think they look great.
No, they are not loud at all! There is a slight hum, I turned the radio off on the way home to compare... SLIGHTLY louder than my old tires... I asked my wife and she said she wouldn't have noticed if I didn't ask!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
08ruggedtrail is on a distinguished road

Name: shannon
08ruggedtrail's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same tires and the same size , i have 6k on mine and they are wearing perfectly even and barely any signs of wear at all .
Old 06-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #8
Navy:
DizzyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08ruggedtrail View Post
i have the same tires and the same size , i have 6k on mine and they are wearing perfectly even and barely any signs of wear at all .
What tire pressure are you using? Right now I have mine at about 45psi.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Waaaay better
Old 06-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
looks sweeet man. beeefY!
how much are those?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
Navy:
DizzyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
looks sweeet man. beeefY!
how much are those?
I got em for $933 delivered from truckaddons.com with coupon code "10OFF"... but it did take almost a month for them to be delivered... If you pick them up it would only be $833. I looked around a lot and that was the cheapest I could find... on up to about $1200 or so.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #12
08ruggedtrail is on a distinguished road

Name: shannon
08ruggedtrail's Tacoma Gallery
i am running 34 psi and i paid 1011 out the door .
Old 06-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #13
broker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to beholdbroker is a splendid one to behold

Name: Broker
broker's Tacoma Gallery
what brand of spacers are you using with those?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #14
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Does anyone know how those tires wear??? I am going to be looking around for some tires soon and just wondering.
mine have 3k and no wear yet. love them more than my mud grapplers
Old 06-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #15
Ranger Driver
SteelDirigible is a glorious beacon of lightSteelDirigible is a glorious beacon of lightSteelDirigible is a glorious beacon of lightSteelDirigible is a glorious beacon of lightSteelDirigible is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Michael
SteelDirigible's Tacoma Gallery
looks sharp! worth the extra hum!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #16
menyh is on a distinguished road

Name: Meny
menyh's Tacoma Gallery
looks good!!!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #17
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you like them....I think they take away from the good looks of the truck itself....they draw to much attention.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #18
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, those things are beefy looking! Nice!!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:19 AM   #19
kramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to all

kramer2k's Tacoma Gallery
Those are some meaty tires man! If you need a M/T, great pick then.

I just had some Nitto Terra Grapplers (265/75/16) mounted on my truck. I freaking love the look of them.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #20
BatFan is on a distinguished road

Name: Steven
BatFan's Tacoma Gallery
Other than the spacers, were any other mods done to fit these tires? Lift or cutting?