LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheeler's Steel Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
Howard Roark
Gossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud of

Gossamer's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler's Steel Wheels

Guys...should i order Type A or Type B? I have a 2010 OR. I don't want them to stick out too far with my 265/75/16 but want them to stick out farther than my stock...which are a +32mm offset, right? That should equal a BS more than 5, right?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The Type A have 4.5" BS, while the Type B have 4" BS. The less backspacing, the more they will stick out. Stock backspacing is 5.5".
Old 06-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Howard Roark
Gossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud ofGossamer has much to be proud of

Gossamer's Tacoma Gallery
that's what i was thinking...i knew the stock BS was higher than 5...someone tried to tell me stock was 4.5. Thanks for confirming.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure stock backspacing is4.5 and not 5.5
Old 06-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Will the 4.0 BS work though? I thought it needed to be at least 4.5??
Old 06-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter247 View Post
I'm pretty sure stock backspacing is4.5 and not 5.5
Nope, see this thread....stock BS for the TRD offroad is 5.25 (I was thinking of the TRD sport when I said 5.5)

4.5" BS is the most popular choice for aftermarket wheels for tacomas because they allow you to fit 285's (after a 3 inch lift), by pushing the wheels out around an inch over stock.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco02 View Post
Will the 4.0 BS work though? I thought it needed to be at least 4.5??
4.0 pushes the wheels out FURTHER than 4.5....

What do you "need" it to be 4.5" for?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Type B 4.0 back spacing. these are great rims
Old 06-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
4.0 pushes the wheels out FURTHER than 4.5....

What do you "need" it to be 4.5" for?
I thought I remember reading where a guy had 16x8 rims he was trying to fit on his 2nd gen taco and they would not clear the break calipers. That is what I meant by "need".
Old 06-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
i was going to get the cragar soft rims or something like that but was told that they wouldn't clear the caliper so i went with wheelers type B and have no regrets
Old 06-22-2010, 05:22 AM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco02 View Post
I thought I remember reading where a guy had 16x8 rims he was trying to fit on his 2nd gen taco and they would not clear the break calipers. That is what I meant by "need".
Ah, well that has way more to do with the type of rim than the backspacing. A little less backspacing will help, but there are some brands of 16" rims that won't fit.

The wheelers ones fit fine, as they were designed for tacomas.