tire rubbing problem !

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
taco19 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dallon
taco19's Tacoma Gallery
tire rubbing problem !

Hey guys, i really need some help !
I just got my New wheels and tires. and Murphys law ! they rub on the front left bumper. The biggest rub is the little plastic piece that hangs about 3 inches below the bumber. can i just trim the plastic piece ? my tires are 32" with a readylift spacer kit.
Thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco19 View Post
Hey guys, i really need some help !
I just got my New wheels and tires. and Murphys law ! they rub on the front left bumper. The biggest rub is the little plastic piece that hangs about 3 inches below the bumber. can i just trim the plastic piece ? my tires are 32" with a readylift spacer kit.
Thanks
yah just trim them straight off no affect
Old 06-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
Pics..?

And maybe use "passenger side" & "drivers side", instead of "left"...

Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden02 View Post
Snip it off. you don't need it. Careful tho, once you start cutting your hooked. Soon you'll be looking for something else to nibble off.
x2!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden02 View Post
Snip it off. you don't need it. Careful tho, once you start cutting your hooked. Soon you'll be looking for something else to nibble off.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
Just trim a little bit at a time. And then be sure to cut the wheel all the way to both sides while slowly driving, also do the same in reverse cause I found out that even though they didnt rub while turning sharply going forward, they did slightly rub when turning the wheel in reverse.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #9
taco19 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dallon
taco19's Tacoma Gallery
holly . well know i know my stuff thanks !