Notices

Painted my chrome Helo Maxx rims.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
1WhiteTaco has a spectacular aura about1WhiteTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Alex
1WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Painted my chrome Helo Maxx rims.

I knew painting chrome rims would be the biggest bitch to paint, but I really hate chrome and was willing to do anything to get rid of it. So I sat there and sanded them for a very long time then primered, then painted then put on a clear coat and now I have no chrome. I saw a couple people asking what these rims would look like black so here you guys go.

Before-

Not exactly after but this is what it looks like with primer, matte black. (Not the actual paint with clearcoat.)

I guess I was too stoked to put the wheels on my truck that I forgot to take a picture of what they looked like completed. But they look way better than they did chrome!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ive always liked those wheels black. Hopefully the paint holds up for ya.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Ive always liked those wheels black. Hopefully the paint holds up for ya.
If anything happens, I'll just repaint them.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man nice job.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WhiteTaco View Post
I guess I was too stoked to put the wheels on my truck that I forgot to take a picture of what they looked like completed. But they look way better than they did chrome!
Nothing stopping you from taking a picture of them back on the truck....
Old 06-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #8

My shitty iphone camera makes it look like just black alloys on my truck. Imma use the better camera and upload them when I wash the taco.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. the primer actually kinda looks like the teflon coating some rims have. cant wait to see what it looks like now