Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Nitto Terra Grapplers or Dune Grapplers?

View Poll Results: Pick one!
Dune Grappler 9 30.00%
Terra Grappler 21 70.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Nitto Terra Grapplers or Dune Grapplers?

So I need new tires and originally I was going to get the Goodyear Duratracs but I have buddy that can hook me up with a set of tires for a smokin' deal. Problem is he can only get these prices on Nittos. There is no way I am getting another set of mud terrains so the Mud and Trail Grapplers are out of the question.

Majority of my driving is on road...I drive roughly 150 miles a week and most of that is commuting miles.

I go to the sand dunes about 6 times a year, the snow about 3 times a year and woods about 3 times a year. We don't get much rain here in the central valley but still would like a good tire for rain.

I know a few people that have the Terra Grapplers and most have positive things to say about them. The Dune Grappler sidewall looks pretty cool with the flames, just not sure if the tire will hold up and last at least 30k miles. I haven't found too much info on the Dune's.

Can anyone give me any real world reviews on either of these tires?

Thanks.

Terra Grapplers

Dune Grapplers
Old 06-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
The Dunes last FOREVER.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Neither

Terra out of those two.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
The Dunes last FOREVER.
Did you have a set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Neither

Terra out of those two.
That's not an option unless the "deal" doesn't goes thru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
I got 39000 on my terra grappler. I wheel a few times a year.
What size? How many more miles do you think you have left on them? Thanks.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post

What size? How many more miles do you think you have left on them? Thanks.

265/75/16 10-15k.I run them at 45-50psi when daily driving and 18 psi when wheeling. I also rotate every 5k.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The End's Tacoma Gallery
No but I work at a tire shop, that's got to count for something.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #8

^^^ Thanks man!

morning bump. I have found a ton of info on the Terra's but not much on the Dune's.

Can anyone else chime in on the Dune's?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
Support our troops!

The End's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a set go over 70K miles and I swear they still had a good amount of tread on them when he took them of. It was on a heavier Tahoe, make sure you get the load range "E".
Old 06-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Though I think the dunes look kinda cheesey......The reports are saying they work well in the sand. Being as they are not sipped, wet weather traction will suffer.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #11
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd3 View Post
Ummmm.........flame treads?
The Terra's have lightening bolts...
Old 06-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd3 View Post
Ummmm.........flame treads?
Yeah I'm not sure about the flames. The more I look at pics the more I see gheyness. I have yet to see them in person though. I think that is the biggest thing holding me back on these tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Though I think the dunes look kinda cheesey......The reports are saying they work well in the sand. Being as they are not sipped, wet weather traction will suffer.
I have heard the same about wet traction. I don't think the Dune's will be a good "all terrain" tire for me. With proper rotations do you think you can over 50k out of the Terra's?
Old 06-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
I have heard the same about wet traction. I don't think the Dune's will be a good "all terrain" tire for me. With proper rotations do you think you can over 50k out of the Terra's?
At 39K miles, I had 7/32" of tread left on my Terra Grapplers. New has 13/32". I dont think 50K out of them would be difficult if you keep the propper PSI and rotations every 5 to 8 k miles.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #15
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
^^ATZ's for the win
Old 06-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #16
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Dude said he was getting pricing on Nittos.

Go the terra's. The blatant homosexuality is much less.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 AM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I love my dunes.