OEM Wheel ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
dopeka is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Dan
dopeka's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Wheel ?

Anyone know if this wheel is a OM Tacoma wheel? If not from what Toyota model.
Got a stupid issue with tpms
Old 06-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels are packaged with base prerunner/4x4 models sold in the gulf states.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
Navy:
dopeka's Tacoma Gallery
I bought some tpms sensors (buy/seell/trade forum here) for my OE 16 trd off road wheels, they came off of these wheels and don't fit!!! I posted pics of my wheels and the seller said they should fit but, but Nooooo they dont. Crap, such BS!
Old 06-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEtaco View Post
Those wheels are packaged with base prerunner/4x4 models sold in the gulf states.
Correct...they are known as Gulf States Toyota wheels. They are dirty in that picture. They are actually chrome. Pretty much every non-TRD tacoma around me has them .
Old 06-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
Navy:
dopeka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Correct...they are known as Gul States Toyota wheels. They are dirty in that picture. They are actually chrome. Pretty much every non-TRD tacoma around me has them .
so they are steel, not alloys?
Old 06-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
JudeLeBlanc is on a distinguished road
JudeLeBlanc's Tacoma Gallery
they are polished alloys, they just look chrome
Old 06-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudeLeBlanc View Post
they are polished alloys, they just look chrome
Correct they are alloys, but finish looks like chrome...not like the typical polished aluminum look.

Here's a truck for sale with them, so you can see what they look like clean.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...x4-extras.html

These use the same TPMS as the other tacoma alloys as far as I know....that's odd that yours don't fit.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
Navy:
dopeka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Correct they are alloys, but finish looks like chrome...not like the typical polished aluminum look.

Here's a truck for sale with them, so you can see what they look like clean.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...x4-extras.html

These use the same TPMS as the other tacoma alloys as far as I know....that's odd that yours don't fit.

Well.....they dont ....pmv-1037's r the wrong angle
Old 06-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
mikey dont like..........
but weird that tpms sensors dont fit? one would imagine that toyota made these universal all around, or at least for trucks.....
Old 06-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
I got the same exact tire and rim setup.. I wanna get rid of them though hah
Old 06-28-2010, 05:52 AM   #13
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Look for a TPMS strap kit. Get some fresh valve stems and strap your sensors you have now in-Good to go.
+1 I am running the TPMS strap kit. No problems whatsoever.

http://www.revolutionsupply.com/sensorclip.aspx