1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mud Grappler sidewalls

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by cbcs1987, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Jul 19, 2010 at 2:10 AM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    I'm fixing to go buy some 35s and just read something that is giving me second thoughts. I have been trying to decide between the Mickey Thompson MTZ and Nitto Mud Grapplers for a while now. They were neck and neck, but I wasn't a big fan of the appearance of Mud Grapplers. However, I just read in some article online that the Mud Grapplers actually have two different sidewall designs, with one of them being a "smoother" appearance. Can anybody out there with the Mud Grapplers verify this? I may actually get them instead if it is true. I've heard equally good/bad reviews of these tires, but I definately wanna go with a Mud Grappler if it has a different sidewall than the "scaly" one I typically see. Any info. is appreciated.

EDIT- Just found the information I needed. Guess I'm going with the Nittos.
    http://4wheelonline.com/images/nitto/nitto_md_gr_Rollover.gif

2. Jul 19, 2010 at 5:41 AM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    Thanks for the input. I actually changed my mind again after digging a little deeper. I found out the Nittos are a little oversized compared to most tires and will cause more rubbing, like they did on Krookz truck particularly. I just found a good deal on the MTZ anyway, so I'm gonna give em a try!

Products Discussed in

To Top