1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5 Lug Wheel and Tire Set-up

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BioMed80, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Sep 26, 2008 at 3:14 PM
    BioMed80

BioMed80 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Regular Cab
    3" ReadyLift Kit, 31x10.5x15 General Grabber AT2s, AFE Drop-In, Bull Bar, Hella 500FF, Secondary Filter Removed
    Okay folks, please be patient with me. I’ve read about all I can, and I haven’t found a definitive answer. Everything I find pertains to the 6 lug rigs. I have an 09 Regular Cab 2x4 5 lugger. I’m planning on putting on the ReadyLift 3” lift (as that’s the only lift I can find for a 5 lug), and new wheels and rubber. For those of you that don’t know, the 5 lugs come factory with 15” wheels, so obviously we’re at a different starting point. I was thinking of something around a 31x10.5x15, I don’t know what that equates to in metric; anyone know (maybe a 265x70x15)? Wheels, I was thinking 15x8-8.5 with 3.75-4” backspacing, although I’m not sure if these would work. So, I’m trying to get about a 31” tire with a 3” lift with no rubbing or cutting. Also, any advice on where to get inexpensive wheels? I've checked wheelers (only carries the 6 lugs), and 4wheelparts.

Obviously, being a 5 lugger, I won’t be doing any real off-roading. Mainly highway and in-town driving, but I need something that does well in the snow. I was looking at the General Grabber AT 2 from tirerack. Anyone have input on these? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've also found the Rockcrawler series 87, 15"x7 or 8, and the Toyo Open Country AT 265x75x15. I'm not sure what backspacing is needed, they have a few options. Any input on these would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top