Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/)
-   -   TPMS with Enkei RT-6's? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/16609-tpms-enkei-rt-6s.html)

signosis 10-16-2008 12:42 PM

TPMS with Enkei RT-6's?
 
I was wondering if the original TPMS's from the original Tacoma 17" TRD Sport wheels can be used and installed on a set of Enkei RT-6's?

If not, how would I be able to disable the Pressure Sensor?

Thanks ahead.

SocalMan22 10-16-2008 12:57 PM

I would say yes because those 20's that you see on the xsp tacomas have enkei's on them Enkei WT4 wheels.
And how to disable the tpms you cant one of those things you would have to live with.

signosis 10-16-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalman22 (Post 208342)
I would say yes because those 20's that you see on the xsp tacomas have enkei's on them Enkei WT4 wheels.
And how to disable the tpms you cant one of those things you would have to live with.

Do you know how much each TPMS's are new and the going rate for used (ea)?

Thanks.

Taco's for All 10-16-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by signosis (Post 208353)
Do you know how much each TPMS's are new and the going rate for used (ea)?

Thanks.

Ebay had one going for about $45.00 with 2 days left last time I checked. New I've heard stories of $100 - $150 new. The tire guy I deal with said look for the used ones and have Toyota reprogram them.

SocalMan22 10-16-2008 02:00 PM

true my dealership told me 120 but try and do what taco for all is saying find some and get them reprogrammed

KaliTaco 10-16-2008 09:30 PM

if you looking to buy i have a set of 4 that im not using. just shoot me a pm. it was also pulled from a 17 inch trd sport rims. 08 model

signosis 10-29-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalman22 (Post 208413)
true my dealership told me 120 but try and do what taco for all is saying find some and get them reprogrammed

Reprogrammed? How much would that cost?

Can't you "reprogram" the TPMS sensor by pressing on the TPMS reset button in the vehicle?

SocalMan22 10-29-2008 06:07 PM

since they are new sensors toyota needs to use there magic wand to reprogram the new sensors to the computer or else you will have the light on in your truck, the reset button is only when you change tires etc.. And they shouldn't charge since you are spending that kind of money might be included

Brunes 10-29-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by signosis (Post 226286)
Reprogrammed? How much would that cost?

Can't you "reprogram" the TPMS sensor by pressing on the TPMS reset button in the vehicle?

The sensors use a radio signal...They have to mate up your reciever with the radio transmitters in tires. Once that's done you can reset the pressure that the TPMS triggers the light at.

signosis 10-29-2008 06:25 PM

Ahh....didn't know that. :o

Thanks for the info guys! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalman22 (Post 226296)
since they are new sensors toyota needs to use there magic wand to reprogram the new sensors to the computer or else you will have the light on in your truck, the reset button is only when you change tires etc.. And they shouldn't charge since you are spending that kind of money might be included

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD (Post 226300)
The sensors use a radio signal...They have to mate up your reciever with the radio transmitters in tires. Once that's done you can reset the pressure that the TPMS triggers the light at.


SocalMan22 10-29-2008 06:29 PM

no prob

Brunes 10-29-2008 06:36 PM

Veddy Veddy Welcome...Pay it Forward!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by signosis (Post 226326)
Ahh....didn't know that. :o

Thanks for the info guys! :thumbsup:



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 AM.