1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Bronze Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by spithead051, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    spithead051

spithead051 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 AC 4x4 OR S/C'ed!
    Supercharger, ICON 2.5VS w/ CDC, TRD T/X Pro Wheels, 255/85/R16 BFG MT KM2's, APEX three hoop bumper, Smittybilt X20 Comp Gen 2, Allpro IFS skid, All-Pro Sliders, Dynomax exhaust, aFe Stage 2 si, URD 2.85 stealth pulley, Oil pressure, oil temperature, boost, A/F ratio gauges, Devil horns, WO seat covers
    Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing the Bronze TRD Beadlock wheels for my Tacoma when I lift it next month.

I know the wheels do not come with lug nuts and from what I have read the stock ones do not fit and I will need fit kit PTR27-35100.

My question is, does anyone know the actual dimensions of the new lug nuts or where I can get non-TRD ones that wont cost $130?

I don't want wheel locks because all they do is slow down a tire rotation and I just need a set of 24 nuts that will fit with these rims.

Thanks guys

2. Apr 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Not sure on the dimensions of the lugs, but probably not a smart idea running TRD bronze wheels with no locks. It takes all of literally about 2 more seconds per tire to put a key lock in wheel locks and remove it so your not saving much time. I just trying to rationalize this and I'm confused.

3. Apr 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    spithead051

spithead051 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 AC 4x4 OR S/C'ed!
    Supercharger, ICON 2.5VS w/ CDC, TRD T/X Pro Wheels, 255/85/R16 BFG MT KM2's, APEX three hoop bumper, Smittybilt X20 Comp Gen 2, Allpro IFS skid, All-Pro Sliders, Dynomax exhaust, aFe Stage 2 si, URD 2.85 stealth pulley, Oil pressure, oil temperature, boost, A/F ratio gauges, Devil horns, WO seat covers
    Having a buddy who worked as a mechanic for years here is what he told me the issue with wheel locks are:

Essentially, manufacturers use the same "lock" for all of their wheel locks. I can take the wheel lock from my friends Tacoma and use them on another Toyota vehicle with the same size lug nuts. The shop he works at has a drawer full of roughly 20 wheel lock sockets. They have yet to find a vehicle they can't unlock and any halfway decent wheel thief would have a Toyota or Honda wheel lock in their pocket when jacking wheels.

Not saying they don't act as a deterrent but I would rather have a full set of regular lugs and add wheel locks later than be forced to have wheel locks. Plus, it gives Toyota a reason to charge me an extra 20 bucks on something they probably don't sell a lot of.

4. Apr 6, 2012 at 10:53 AM
    TRDsport253

TRDsport253 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edgewood, Wa
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD sport 4x4
    TRD Wheels TRD Skid plate
    Check out Mcgard lug nuts. I believe they are 93 dollars and some change.

Products Discussed in

To Top