1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70 Report

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Benny, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Oct 16, 2012 at 10:09 PM
    Benny

Benny [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB more mods by the month
    I have been running these tires for about 42,000 miles since 2010. I drive a lot. I have been pleased with them so far. Records show I paid $594 delivered from Summit Racing and I was thinking I'd just buy another set but they have gone up to probably close to $800 shipped and that's got me looking around.

these ones: http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=NIT-200400&dds=1

They are P rated. They have been great in the snow, ice, wet steep boat launches, towing, gravel and rain. The noise is IMO less than the BFG AT that I used to run. They are now pretty worn, and one of them is cupping very badly despite very consistent rotations. Overall, I am satisfied with everything except durability. Should I be expecting more than 40K out of a tire, or should I be happy to have gotten that much?

I don't go wheeling on the weekend but I drive a lot on gravel, through farm fields, and on remote poorly maintained roads. The other 99% of my driving is on pavement. I have been happy with these but wondering if I'd be happier with something else, something that might perform as well and last another year or so.

2. Oct 16, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    Its better then the 19k miles i got out of hankook tires on my wifes is350..... at a cost of 550 to replace only the rears.

3. Oct 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    Check out treadwright.com

Products Discussed in

To Top