Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/)
-   -   toe and camber after bf goodrich all terrain (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/277928-toe-camber-after-bf-goodrich-all-terrain.html)

yoduhcoma 05-15-2013 04:59 AM

toe and camber after bf goodrich all terrain

Anyone do a toe and camber adjustment on a stock suspension in a 07 tacoma prerunner 2wd after upsizing to the bf goodrich all terrain 265/75/16 ?

No lift 100% stock

Either you OR you took to a shop OR even noticed a needed OR not needed adjustment?

Any input from owners and or Mech's on this subject would greatly benefit my next move - im curious of your angle and degree of your toe..

pre answers to your questions - a 4 wheel alignment,road force balance and computer flash all have been done already -

I am not having a problem - i am just curious as i feel off a little on toe and camber..or if its just my lovely florida crowned roads...

bldegle2 05-15-2013 05:09 AM

change tires, no need to realign...

however, if the truck hasn't been aligned in awhile, it might be a good idea to take it in and get it done, that way your new tires will wear properly...

crowning in roads may be a be more apparent with the larger tires, causing a bit of 'crown wander'.....

Justus 05-15-2013 05:16 AM

Rotate the tires......see if it pulls the other direction....inspect sidewalls for buldges/blisters

yoduhcoma 05-15-2013 05:29 AM

yea, im pretty sure its the crown, these tires are about 4 days old,just been listening and feeling,but this is my first tacoma,and smaller type truck, just bought it 3 weeks ago
Did 4 wheel alignment and balance upon install of tires...just curious if anyone else has noticed a slight wonder on a crown , i figured it would wear in, appreciate the replys, helps confirm my diagnosis

Janster 05-15-2013 07:33 AM

Check your tire pressure.....

Techs tend to fall asleep while working, especially when they've been out drinking the night before. The gauge may have looked a little fuzzy when they were installing the air in your tires. :D

yoduhcoma 05-16-2013 05:06 AM

I hear your concerns on the tech issue, i myself am a tech and my area of work consists of high end motor building and car restoration,in my world i would never touch any car without giving it all 110% - i cant speak for others , as i have seen some very lazy civilian techs (dealers techs,stop in shops) that couldnt find their ass with two hands in a dark room,so if i actually let someone else touch any of my cars? I am standing over them the entire time, correcting and usually smacking someones hand away from something they shouldnt touch at that time. Lazy and corner cutting techs should all be pimp slapped on occasion.

Justus 05-16-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoduhcoma (Post 6895882)
I hear your concerns on the tech issue, i myself am a tech and my area of work consists of high end motor building and car restoration,in my world i would never touch any car without giving it all 110% - i cant speak for others , as i have seen some very lazy civilian techs (dealers techs,stop in shops) that couldnt find their ass with two hands in a dark room,so if i actually let someone else touch any of my cars? I am standing over them the entire time, correcting and usually smacking someones hand away from something they shouldnt touch at that time. Lazy and corner cutting techs should all be pimp slapped on occasion.

Well said.