1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire and Suspension upgrade help

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by GT_Taco, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Oct 7, 2014 at 6:16 PM
    GT_Taco

GT_Taco [OP] Newbie here

Member:
    Marietta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner 4x4 Limited Metallic Gray
    5K LED interior lighting
    I did use the search function, and did not really find direct answers to what I was looking for, so I figured I would make a new thread to consolidate some information.

I have a STOCK (as far as tires/suspension are concerned) 2011 DC Long bed 4x4 TRD Sport Taco.

I have the original P265/65R17 Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires with about 45k miles on them. Honestly, it looks like I could easily get another 3-5k miles out of these based on tread wear and tire condition, but I am starting to shop.

This truck is my daily driver and is mostly highway with some limited off-road (nothing crazy) use. Based on what I have read so far, I am considering a replacement tire with a little more sidewall for better on road comfort. Will a LT265/70R17 fit the bill without any other modifications? (Looking at the Michelin LTX M/S2 based on reviews)

Related to that, I know I should start looking at suspension replacement around the 50k mi mark just based on life of existing parts. Can I get some decent suspension recommendations for improved highway ride to go along with that? I was leaning in the direction of one of the Icon packages like a Stage 2 or 3.

I would consider myself a novice in suspension components for trucks but I have definitely performed such upgrades on cars and my motorcycles before. Any advice welcome.

Thanks

2. Oct 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    GT_Taco

GT_Taco [OP] Newbie here

Member:
    Marietta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner 4x4 Limited Metallic Gray
    5K LED interior lighting
    Really? Nobody here has any other thoughts after 97 views of this post? Anyone.. Bueller.. Bueller?

3. Oct 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    eja12a

eja12a Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB SR5 4x4
    OME Lift, LR UCAs
    As far as the tire fitting goes, here's what I found for you:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/67550-largest-tacoma-tire-sizes-stock-suspension.html

I don't know how you feel about doing the suspension swap yourself, but I had never had any real experience working on trucks and I swapped my suspension, UCAs and brakelines out myself with no problem. There's a bunch of tutorials here and on youtube.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/su...talls-full-ome-kit-rear-brake-lines-pics.html

This tutorial was helpful for me, although I ended up doing it slightly differently.

Products Discussed in

To Top