1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire questions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mmadej87, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Sep 2, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 [OP] Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner
    Hey guys, im new to the forum here and i got a couple questions about sizing some tires to my taco/rims

i just bought the XD Enduro XD122 16x8s and im having some trouble finding some tires that will fit what i want/the truck/the rims

i ideally want 33s on the truck, and ideally looking for them to be super swampers, however, since the rims are only 8" wide im looking at maybe a 11.5" wide tire will fit, does anybody know if i would be able to go wider w/o having any rubbing or complications with tire/rim size? (i dont have any lift btw) i was able to find a tire that fit these measurments, but i dont feel like paying 900$ for a set of tires..

im willing to go down to a 32 or so, but im hoping to get the widest tire possible w/o any rubbing or incompatibilities with the rim

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Sep 2, 2009 at 9:31 PM
    ERIC

ERIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Impulse Red TRD PreRunner SOLD
    Pioneer double din navi head unit and four 5x7 alpine speakers, westin light bar, procomp lights, head and tail lights, black billet grille, billet antienna, gibson headers and cat back exhaust, afe cold air, uni chip programmer, Bilstein 5100's, Pro comp wheels and tires, tint, blacked out emblems, innu roof rack, yakima basket, foglight mod...
    welcome to TW. Well first off 33's will not fit with a stock lift the biggest you can go are 31's. thats what I have. Check out pro comp extreme all terrrains they have really good pricing on them rite now. the size you want is 265/75/16. with only a 16x8 wheel there is only so wide you can go but they will still look really good.

3. Sep 2, 2009 at 9:33 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Welcome to TW!

4. Sep 13, 2009 at 8:48 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 [OP] Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner
    thanks for your help!

i ended up going with 31x11.5x16 LTB Super Swapers, got a pretty good deal on them.

has anybody put spacers on their truck? i just learned that the wheels i got will slightly rub on the calipers, i found a tacoma site that sold these:
    (you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom)

and i was wondering if anybody knew if there is a problem with not enough threads being available for the lugs to stay on?

Thanks again

5. Sep 14, 2009 at 5:34 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Several people run spacers on this board. I don't recall any of them needing longer studs for a 1/4" spacer.

Products Discussed in

To Top