1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

any tire gurus, i need help!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by uzizero2, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Mar 8, 2008 at 11:33 PM
    uzizero2

uzizero2 [OP] honolulu, hawaii

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 lmtd tacoma
    I have a 2002 4x4 with '06 trd sport rims and stock lift. im in the market for bfgoodrich all terrain tires, i wanted to know how wide and how tall i can go w/o touching the frame and the suspension. any help is appreciated. i just came from the beach, i almost got buried in the sand.;)

[​IMG]

2. Mar 9, 2008 at 5:52 AM
    dwb

dwb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pine Mountain, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab, TRD Sport/4X4, mostly stock with a few mods.
    Bilstein 5100's all around, 265/70/R17 BFG AT's, TRD seat covers, True Flow XDI Intake System. Fog light mod. More to come.
    I'm going to assume that those wheels are 17"er's correct? They look exactly like the ones on my 05 Sport. You should be able to run a 265/70/R17 with no issues. That's what I run with only a 1" level up front. Try the BFG AT's, they perform well on and offroad.

3. Mar 19, 2008 at 11:08 PM
    uzizero2

uzizero2 [OP] honolulu, hawaii

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 lmtd tacoma
    i just bought what you recommend but when i fully turn it was rubbing to the frame. i was thinking to buy a 1 1/4 wheel spacer but my concern is it safe while I'm driving high speed and while I'm off road.

4. Mar 20, 2008 at 8:15 AM
    dwb

dwb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pine Mountain, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab, TRD Sport/4X4, mostly stock with a few mods.
    Bilstein 5100's all around, 265/70/R17 BFG AT's, TRD seat covers, True Flow XDI Intake System. Fog light mod. More to come.
    I would say that your problem is that you have a 2002 Tacoma and are running 17" wheels. I think the 02's largest option was 16". There were many changes made to the entire truck for the 2005 to current year models, including the frame. It's a totally new design for the Tacoma in almost every way. If you're rubbing the frame then maybe wheel spacers will help, hard to say, but I'm sure you can fix this. If you go with spacers, you might also need extended studs, but again, this is not a hard fix. :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top