1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

brand new 08 tacoma questions!!!!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ekam18, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Mar 22, 2008 at 5:32 PM
    ekam18

ekam18 [OP] New Member

Member:
    08 4cyl auto 4x2 (the one that sits low). i want to put fatter tires so my car doesnt look so dinky! nothing too heavy. ideally stock 15"toyota wheels/tirees, but i want the one that comes on the 02 or 03 prerunner. will it fit?
    what is the tire size on that prerunner?
    what is my bolt pattern?
    my goal is for the truck to have more ground clearance but still not waste gas. advice? comments?....

2. Mar 22, 2008 at 7:28 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Welcome to Tacoma World.

As a driver of an 06 version of your truck I'll just be blunt in saying there's not a lot you can do on the stock 15" steel wheels. The prerunners have 16" 6 lug wheels so they're not an economical option. I came from the pre-tacoma toyota pickups and thought the truck was quite high already. If you look around at other small to mid size trucks on the road you'll see that your "low" 4X2 is darned close to the stock 4X4s.

3. Mar 23, 2008 at 8:14 AM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    Yeah..........Roland is right. Your truck is not "dinky". It is a midsize with a "hell of a punch" 4 cyl. and it has a great stance.

4. Mar 23, 2008 at 12:19 PM
    ekam18

ekam18 [OP] New Member

Member:
    whats the size of the o3 tacoma prerunner tire. its not the small little kind i have, its the fatter that isnt toooo huge but big enoughh. thanks for the answers! i realllly apreciate it!!!!!! but i just cant seem to get along with the tires i have .i need options. will my stock rim fit that fatter tire? mine is a 5 bolt. what stock toyota rims will fit those tires that will fit my car?
    ONCE AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE INFOO!!!!

5. Mar 23, 2008 at 1:24 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
  6. Mar 24, 2008 at 2:00 PM
    ekam18

ekam18 [OP] New Member

Member:
    i want the tires on the 02 prerunner theyr pretty big, not too fat and fit on a 16 or 17. whats that size???? they have the wierd looking steel rim on em kinda rav4ish. i know that rim wont fit on my five lug but i dont want camry rims cuz thatl be waaayyy too dinky. some bodyyyyy helllllp!

Products Discussed in

To Top