1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

285 vs 265

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by FARNORCAL, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Jan 18, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    FARNORCAL

FARNORCAL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma4x4 DC LB Silver TRD Sport
    SEE BUILD
    How bad of a hit on gas and power would i be receive if i switched my 265 to 285. Will i have to do alot of cutting and will i need to remove my front mud flap. Will i be better off waiting until i put on my billies set at 1.75 and rear AAL im assuming that part as yes. Thanks guys.

2. Jan 18, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    The 285 won't fit unless you lift it. There will be some trimming and you won't have to remove the mud flaps. I believe that for 285's to fit you need at least 2.5 - 3" of lift in the front for the 285 to fit.

3. Jan 18, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    You will need to wait for you lift. I had to remove my front mud flaps, trim some of the fender flares, and do the cab mount chop. In the rear I need to trim some of the fender flares where its rubbing the lugs fully stuffed. With the cab mount cut I dont rub under any "normal" uses as I did before it. Now I only rub in the front on the flares in a couple spots that are easily trimmed.

Products Discussed in

To Top