1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MT and front end shake question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Redgrom, May 24, 2010.

1. May 24, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    Redgrom

Redgrom [OP] http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    About to get tires for my 4x4 05 tacoma and lots here are recommending the goodyear dura trac. I am currently running the nitto terra grappler and like them but thinking about switching to mt's. My question is how do mt's ride and balance out? I have been able to keep the nittos balanced and running pretty well and it rides very nice on the freeway upwards of 70mph. I do go out in the desert and play around on a few smaller rocks (the nittos slip a little) but I want a decent ride still as it is a daily driver. Now at the end of the nitto's life its hard to keep them balanced and the front end shakes between 65-75 and it' bothering me. ( have had 2 shops look at it but both did a spin balance and its better but not like it should be)
    So my question is anybody have issues with vibrations and mud terrains?
    Thanks.

2. May 24, 2010 at 11:41 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    No issues here with KM2's.

Products Discussed in

To Top