Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Wheels & Tires (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/)
-   -   Found some FJ SE Anthracite Wheels (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/98462-found-some-fj-se-anthracite-wheels.html)

Chad 06-18-2010 03:09 PM

Found some FJ SE Anthracite Wheels

I was looking around yesterday and found that shoptrd has the FJ SE Anthracite wheels for $143 a piece, and FREE shipping. I haven't talked to them, but in the past some people have had to give FJ VIN numbers to get them. Go to the site and enter part number "PT904-35071" into the part number search for toyotas. The part number and a pic of the wheels can found in this post.

kulcat 08-17-2010 09:57 AM

Not sure if I can reply here, but as of last week, they do not have these in the anthracite, only the regular silver. This is close to my house and I've called multiple times w/ same answer.

MJonesTrumpet 08-17-2010 10:02 AM

I just ordered a set from there about a week ago, they just came in today! Getting my wheels and tires installed tomorrow! VERY EXCITED!

kulcat 08-17-2010 11:31 AM

WTF, pm sent...I want some!

MJonesTrumpet 08-17-2010 03:27 PM

PM replied, and, I ordered the anthracite ones...? They had them when I ordered them anyway. And, they are definately worth the wait! I liked the silver...but the anthracite are sooooo much nicer. Definately wait till they have more in stock before getting the silver!

Chad 08-17-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet (Post 2073141)
I just ordered a set from there about a week ago, they just came in today! Getting my wheels and tires installed tomorrow! VERY EXCITED!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet (Post 2074108)
PM replied, and, I ordered the anthracite ones...? They had them when I ordered them anyway. And, they are definately worth the wait! I liked the silver...but the anthracite are sooooo much nicer. Definately wait till they have more in stock before getting the silver!

Did you guys have to provide a VIN number to get them. Sometimes they make you have to have a VIN to order them since they're in somewhat limited quantities.

Imaking 08-17-2010 05:45 PM

In for more info on this. These are the only wheels I'm interested in for my truck so if they're temporarily available I might need to pull some money out of my ass. Lol

iSTIZO99 08-17-2010 05:48 PM

These gunmetal wheels are the shizzle...just wish I had some spare change lyin around.

Chad 08-17-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSTIZO99 (Post 2074562)
These gunmetal wheels are the shizzle...just wish I had some spare change lyin around.

Yeah same here. I'd have to buy new tires too which would be another 800-1000 $'s

iSTIZO99 08-17-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadmb2003 (Post 2074643)
Yeah same here. I'd have to buy new tires too which would be another 800-1000 $'s

Definitely gotta get new tires. Do you think these rims would fit well with our TPMS sensors?

Chad 08-17-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSTIZO99 (Post 2074753)
Definitely gotta get new tires. Do you think these rims would fit well with our TPMS sensors?

Yeah I don't think there would be an issue. The only thing is you have to pay a "nominal" fee to have them transfered.

MJonesTrumpet 08-17-2010 07:10 PM

I ordered them online, and used a vin from an FJ cruiser that came stock with the wheels. I also got new tires, 900 bucks, which made me cry...alot... Basically for the whole set-up, it was just shy of 1500. But i've been saving for a while. As far as the tpms, they will work with them, but the ones on steelie wheels are different from the alloy wheels. I have stock steel wheels, so I had to get new sensors, which, came to another 50 bucks. Oh well, I think it'll be worth it! I'm getting them put on tomorrow along with my 5100 billies for the front! I'm definately excited, and will definately post pics!

iSTIZO99 08-17-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet (Post 2074900)
I ordered them online, and used a vin from an FJ cruiser that came stock with the wheels. I also got new tires, 900 bucks, which made me cry...alot... Basically for the whole set-up, it was just shy of 1500. But i've been saving for a while. As far as the tpms, they will work with them, but the ones on steelie wheels are different from the alloy wheels. I have stock steel wheels, so I had to get new sensors, which, came to another 50 bucks. Oh well, I think it'll be worth it! I'm getting them put on tomorrow along with my 5100 billies for the front! I'm definately excited, and will definately post pics!

Man that sounds nice...I'd be excited too if I had gotten all the stuff you did. And don't forget the pics! Yea I've got the stock Sport alloys now so I figure my current sensors should transfer over easily without having Toyota recalibrate the ECU.

Bz3r0 08-17-2010 07:32 PM

Anthracite Wheels

I was lucky enough to get in touch with the Stealership thats not too far from where i live, and talk to someone in the parts department about these wheels. I asked about the little rumors going around about them halting the sell of them to only FJ Cruiser SE owners and he didn't know what i was talking about... Guess i'll be scooping up a set of these when i get back in town. I just hope i'll be the first Taco in the area to own a set ;)

MJonesTrumpet 08-17-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSTIZO99 (Post 2074945)
Man that sounds nice...I'd be excited too if I had gotten all the stuff you did. And don't forget the pics! Yea I've got the stock Sport alloys now so I figure my current sensors should transfer over easily without having Toyota recalibrate the ECU.

I definately wont forget the pictures haha. And yes, your alloy wheels have the correct sensor to do a perfect swap out/in for them. mine did not...but its ok, becuase I may be getting a nice set of winter tires for my stock steelies so then they too can have the sensor.

Chad 08-17-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bz3r0 (Post 2074985)
I was lucky enough to get in touch with the Stealership thats not too far from where i live, and talk to someone in the parts department about these wheels. I asked about the little rumors going around about them halting the sell of them to only FJ Cruiser SE owners and he didn't know what i was talking about... Guess i'll be scooping up a set of these when i get back in town. I just hope i'll be the first Taco in the area to own a set ;)

Was it Jim Hudson in Irmo? We bought a Rav4 from there a couple years back.

Archangel 08-17-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet (Post 2074989)
I definately wont forget the pictures haha. And yes, your alloy wheels have the correct sensor to do a perfect swap out/in for them. mine did not...but its ok, becuase I may be getting a nice set of winter tires for my stock steelies so then they too can have the sensor.

um... I regret to inform you that they aren't giving you new sensors, but merely replacing the retaining nut, rubber grommet, core, and cap. It's the easiest thing to do when you change wheels/tires. The easiest explanation is that there's no way to torque the retaining nut on the same part of the rubber grommet to 60 in/lbs and guarantee that they won't leak. New sensors are about 55 a piece, cheapest that I've found around.

MJonesTrumpet 08-17-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel (Post 2075024)
um... I regret to inform you that they aren't giving you new sensors, but merely replacing the retaining nut, rubber grommet, core, and cap. It's the easiest thing to do when you change wheels/tires. The easiest explanation is that there's no way to torque the retaining nut on the same part of the rubber grommet to 60 in/lbs and guarantee that they won't leak. New sensors are about 55 a piece, cheapest that I've found around.

Haha nah, Im getting all new sensors. I know the people there and they are cutting deals for me:D

Archangel 08-17-2010 07:52 PM

keep me posted and let me know if they don't I'll grab them up for you at 55 a pop

MJonesTrumpet 08-17-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel (Post 2075053)
keep me posted and let me know if they don't I'll grab them up for you at 55 a pop

I will definately keep that in mind! I could have very well mis-understood what they were explaining to me. Thanks a ton!!!