Notices

'01 S-Runner Wheel(s) Wanted

Old 07-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Elderly Gentleman - Junior Member
S-Runner '01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
S-Runner '01's Tacoma Gallery

I'm looking for one, two or three 16" x 6 1/2" factory allow wheels for my '01 S-Runner.
If I find just one, I will use it for my spare. If I can find two, I'll mount my studded tires on 'em and carry one of them as a spare. If I can find three of them, I'll use one of them for my spare and mount the studded tires on the other two.
I just bought this S-Runner a few weeks ago and it had some "low-rider" wheels on it. I want the stock S-Runner wheels.
Would be willing to trade the "low-rider" wheels (4 of them) for three factory alloy wheels or am willing to pay cash for them.
This picture is of the wheels that came on the truck and are the ones I'd like to trade or sell. These wheels are 5 lugs on 4 1/2" centers.
Trade or make me an offer; I hate these wheels they make my truck ride like a truck.
jj
Attached Thumbnails
'01 S-Runner Wheel(s) Wanted-01-s-runner-001.jpg  
Old 07-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner76137 View Post
I thought the s-runner had a body kit???

There you go! Thinking again. What do you mean "body kit?" I'm not familiar with the term "body kit."
jj
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #5

My truck is an S-Runner and I don't believe that a "body kit" was an option.
jj
Old 07-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #7
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
From customtacos.com
link: http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...ody+kit&page=2
Post # 46

Quote:
Toyota Racing Development (TRD) offered a fiberglass body / ground effects kit starting with 2001 (the year the S-Runner was introduced). This body kit was therefore strongly associated with the S-Runner model - so much so that it was commonly referred to as the 'S-Runner body kit'.

The full story is odd and complicated ... The basic points are as follows:
  • TRD introduced the 5-piece kit first.
  • The 5-piece kit *was* specific to S-Runners, because the cab and bed side skirts were notched to accommodate the S-Runner fender flares (which ordinary 2WD Tacomas of the period didn't have).
  • Later, TRD introduced a 7-piece kit which included the 5 pieces of the original plus two additional skirt pieces for the very rear (from rear wheel wells back...).
  • Not only was this 7-piece kit *not* specific to S-Runners - it actually *didn't fit* stock S-Runners cleanly. The 7-piece kit's side skirts were not notched for the S-Runner flares (and required trimming to fit an SR, as S-Dad learned the hard way). The rearmost skirt pieces were designed to mount onto mud flap brackets in the rear wheel wells (stock on 'normal' 2WD Tacos; not OEM equipment on the SR's). On top of this, Toyota originally claimed the rear skirts couldn't be used on the SR because on the passenger side the skirt wouldn't clear the SR's OEM exhaust / tip. This was later proven to be false.
  • Because the 5-piece and 7-piece kits were intended for two different models, TRD never offered the rearmost 2 skirt pieces separately.
  • In fact, TRD never offered *any* of the body kit components individually (for either 5 - or 7 - pieice kits).

TRD Body Kit Installation Instructions (from CT Tech Section):

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/file...kitinstall.pdf

Consolidated 'Archive Mega Threads':

A series of S-Runner Talk Archive Mega Threads has been established to consolidate information and discussion from the CT forums.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #8

That's one extremely nice S-Runner. It looks almost exactly like mine with the exception that mine is 3 years older and I don't have the SC.
Those wheels look an awful lot like the ones that I just took off of my '01 and replaced with the factory alloy S-Runner wheels.
Are you the previous owner? What happened to the original factory alloy wheels that were originally on the truck. I'm looking for some original factory alloys so that I can use one for my spare tire and a couple more for use on my winter studded tires.
If you are the previous owner, why are you selling it at this time. I just bought mine about a month ago. I had a Radiant Red '01 for the last two years but about two months ago I wasn't paying enough attention and the traffic in front of me stopped suddenly and I didn't stop suddenly enough and totalled out mine. I loved my S-Runner and when the insurance company paid me about $3000 more than I paid for it I shopped around and found another one down in Portland OR so I went down there and bought it.
I love(d) my S-Runner(s) and would really like to have a supercharged one but then I'd probably just start getting tickets and I can't afford that.
Anyway, all I'm looking for at this time is some factory alloy wheels to use as a spare and a couple for my studded tires. You guys down south probably don't use studded tires in the winter but up here in Washington State it gets COLD and ICY in the winter; hence the use of studs.
You have a nice day, you hear!
Jerry