Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

X-Runner Concept pics.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
X-Runner Concept pics.

I stumbled across this...

Nothing came up on search even those these pictures seem pretty old. Discuss amongst yourselves!

Old 07-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, I just happened upon them. I've never seen them on here so I'd thought I'd post them up. It looks like X-Runner meets Evo IX
Old 07-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah around here we have a dumpster company with yellow dumpsters and their salesman run around in 3'' lifted yellow tacomas, i thought it was different and always catches my eye
Old 07-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
I thought it looked OK till I saw the radiator/cooler thing sticking out in plain site!
that would be an intercooler and that is where the is greatest amount of air flow over it......

I believe that is an 2008 SEMA concept Toyota made
Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
that would be an intercooler and that is where the is greatest amount of air flow over it......

I believe that is an 2008 SEMA concept Toyota made
You are 100% correct.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
I thought it looked OK till I saw the radiator/cooler thing sticking out in plain site!
yea thats an intercooler, for either a turbo or supercharger..
Old 07-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know about you guys but i love it! haha
Old 07-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The grille's pretty interesting, with the two triangular holes deleted.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #11
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ramon
xroller's Tacoma Gallery
That my friend is the TRD xrunner..... was created to as part of the presentation for an Xrunner.... The things I would do to have a replica of that..... .... they put a lot of work into that truck and there is a build thread for it.... it was featured in sport compact car..... That thing is a beast..... but we have xrunner's now that are even faster than that. I will soon be one of them.... very soon...
Old 07-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #12
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that thing is probably got a turbo in it with a intercooler sticking out. It looks badass but just not my thing.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
.... it has a TRD supercharger on it and all the TRD supercharger goodies plus extras like the intake ports are just wow..... this thing is really a piece of art.... the motor is fully built.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #15
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
lol.... there is only one in the world..... and it's not for sale....
Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #19
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
The truck was a purpose built truck (1 of 2) made by TRD for testing/development. Was never designed as a Concept or for SEMA. it only made it to the SEMA tour after Meguire's bought the truck from Toyota (later the truck was given back to toyota).
Old 07-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #20
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
And Email from a Meguiar's Employee who I contacted last year regarding the purpose built truck (was trying to recruit it for XFW).

It was traced to Meguiar's, as they purchased the XR from TRD for $1 (looking for documented proof, will post it as soon as I find it). I may have received that information via word-of-mouth... As soon as i can post verification I will.

Quote:
from Mike Phillips <mphillips@meguiars.com>
to *xrunnit*
date Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:04 PM
subject RE: TRD X-Runner
mailed-by meguiars.com

I contacted Mike Kennedy who was in charge of the TRD and he said that we have given the truck back to Toyota as we are finished with the TRD X-Runner tour with Meguiar’s.

Mike
Also, Scott from APR worked on those purpose built trucks, very closely. I have had quite a few discussions with him regarding the 2 builds (never heard of a 3rd). Because of no VINs the blue truck was destroyed, not sure of the current location of the Yellow one.