Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Got some new wheels!

Old 08-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #21
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i dont believe powdercoating is any more durable or holds any advantages over a good paint job

make sure you sand them well...clean them...and then prime and paint...

once you do that if you ever hit something and it scratches the paint...a rattle can will touch it up perfectly...
Old 08-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #22
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
you got that right save alot of money for sure
Old 08-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #23
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
rattle can. In case of scratches, Rattling is way cheaper than re powdering...
X2. If you plan on taking your Tacoma off road, this would be my preferred method.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #24
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
X2. If you plan on taking your Tacoma off road, this would be my preferred method.
im def taking mine off road with xr rims and 255/55/18 tires haha. if they include the sandlblasting in the price of 50 per wheel i will powdercoat them. but i will still have to color match the center caps
Old 08-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #25
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
im def taking mine off road with xr rims and 255/55/18 tires haha. if they include the sandlblasting in the price of 50 per wheel i will powdercoat them. but i will still have to color match the center caps
ya, youll have to color match the center caps since they are plastic. not hard at all tho.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #26
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
yeah just sand, clean a few coats and clear right? i think i might wanna make the emblems red.. what do you think? i have these seat covers..
Old 08-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #28
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
i should be getting some 20% tint here soon. 20% on the sides and 5% on the back
Old 08-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #29
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
droppin the wheels off for powder coat today. 200 otd blasted and every thing. gonna get some tint tomorrow i think. 35% up front and 15% for the back window. 161+tax WA State legal tint for the loss
Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #30
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
hey at least you can have tint on the front windshield. in CA, we cant have any tint
Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #31
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
hey at least you can have tint on the front windshield. in CA, we cant have any tint
not on the windshield.. on the two side windows i can only have 35% on the back as much as i want(gonna go 15% or 20%) and none on the windshield. i wish i could
Old 08-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #33
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
oh damn you cant have any? haha thats why i dont live in socal anymore.. haha too restrictive. nice place to visit and stuff but living there was kinda... eh
Old 08-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #34
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
just called around and i can get 24% up front( they give you a grace for how much you can go just in case your windows come like 70% from the factory) and the back as dark as i want for 160 OTD. so i think im gonna go with them... tint plus.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #35
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
droppin the wheels off for powder coat today. 200 otd blasted and every thing. gonna get some tint tomorrow i think. 35% up front and 15% for the back window. 161+tax WA State legal tint for the loss
Quote:
just called around and i can get 24% up front( they give you a grace for how much you can go just in case your windows come like 70% from the factory) and the back as dark as i want for 160 OTD. so i think im gonna go with them... tint plus.

Dude you need to start your build page! I use to live in wa just put 5% its a 2 seater truck you can go dark as you want and if you do 35% on the front window you will be cool how they going to check it cant put a tint meature on it!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #36
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
the law is you can go as dark as you want on the rear window only. the two side windows have to be 35% or higher. im getttiing 24% since there is a loophole. the shops in town wont go below this.. and i dont think i can get the windshield tinted either. i will once i get some decent pics of the truck and get the wheels on and shit.. dont worry haha