Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Door Scuff Plates... help

Old 09-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
richard1b is on a distinguished road
richard1b's Tacoma Gallery
Door Scuff Plates... help

Hey guys, just picked up some factory door sill protectors. Instructions say to carefully remove "door scuff plates". How do these come off? I think they may pop off if you pull up on them in the right places... anyone take theirs off?

Old 09-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Pull 'em up. It's pretty simple.

Clean the sills before applying the protectors, as you should with all adhesive items.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
picssss
Old 09-29-2010, 04:27 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
You need to take off your front kick panel first tho. pry off the dead pedal, there's going to be a plastic nut thing underneath that holds the kick panel in place. unscrew that, take the kick panel off and then just pull em off. for the fronts anyway. rears you can just pull off.
Didn't have to to any kickpanel removal on my install, and everything went in just fine...
Old 09-29-2010, 04:38 AM   #5
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Didn't have to to any kickpanel removal on my install, and everything went in just fine...
lol i keep thinking the kick panel sits on top. it's just habit i take it off every time, whenever i take it off i usually need to take off the kick panel as well to get to stuff lol but yah to just remove the doorsills it should be fine...imma delete my earlier post lol

oh yah and to the op you should be able to get your fingers underneath them and slowly pull them up
Old 09-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Pics?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

picsss
Old 09-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #8
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
no pics here but just put your fingers under them and pull up starting on one side. It's pretty simple.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #9
Hot Steppa

pic finished product
Old 09-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #10
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
Hot Steppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
x2
Old 10-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #12
richard1b is on a distinguished road
richard1b's Tacoma Gallery
I took a couple of pics but they suck. I will post a pic soon as I can get one. I've been flying my hanglider a ton lately so I've been preoccupied. Got to fly when the weather is right and it's a great time of the year to fly....but I will post a pic asap.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #13
Hot Steppa

ok shoots
Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #14
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, how about some pics?
Old 10-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #15
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I made these from a rubber anti skid tape.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #16
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Those look good.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #17
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
The problem is the sill plate should also protect the edge where the paint is the thinnest and most contact is made there. The OEM sill plate protecters stop at the edge IIRC. I have only seen the AVS units that actually protect the edge.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #19

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
x2 did you just cut out the XRunner logo?

I used a laser to cut the logo.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #20

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
The problem is the sill plate should also protect the edge where the paint is the thinnest and most contact is made there. The OEM sill plate protecters stop at the edge IIRC. I have only seen the AVS units that actually protect the edge.

The ones that I have seen that actually roll the edge, also make contact with the door gasket. SO, you might may a door hiss/leak.