Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Black Toyota grill emblem

Old 10-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
richard1b is on a distinguished road
richard1b's Tacoma Gallery
Black Toyota grill emblem

Hey guys, can I swap my chrome emblem out of the front grill with a black one? Where can I find one?
Old 10-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Paint it yourself. Krylon Fusion works very well and you can get it at Home Depot or Lowes.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
it stick well no primer
Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
it stick well no primer
hahah english please?
Old 10-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Krylon Fusion works very well and you can get it at Home Depot or Lowes.
Home Depot & Lowes around here don't carry Krylon. Around here, hardware stores that carry Rustoleum don't carry Krylon. Home Depot, Lowes, & OSH all carry Rustoleum here.

I could only find Krylon Fusion at Walmart, Pep Boys, Kragen, & Sherman Williams.

I painted mine with Satin Black Fusion & it's not flat enough for me. I can't find Flat Black Fusion anywhere locally. Auto Parts stores only have the Ultra Flat Black (Camoflauge) Fusion. Anywhere know who might have Flat Black Fusion # 2519? I don't want to have to order it online unless I have no other choice.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
hahah english please?

he did, perhaps you need to unwind your spring a little
Old 10-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #7
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
ok, you dont have to spray adhesion promoter before the color????
Old 10-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #9
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
I used regular gloss black on mine and it is holding up fine. Its only been a month though.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
richard1b is on a distinguished road
richard1b's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I could paint. But I would rather buy another one that was already black from toyota, and that way, I wouldn't be running around trying to get the right paint, I'd still have the stock one if I changed my mind. I guess my question is can I find one at a junk yard. I think they are probably the exact same size as long as it comes out of a newer tacoma?
Old 10-17-2010, 07:13 AM   #11
ktrain71 is on a distinguished road
Name: kevin
ktrain71's Tacoma Gallery
front grille

i took my to a paint shop around here i tried to paint mine it sucked , came out ugly. recently did my lightsthis looks clean.Black Toyota grill emblem-dsc00312.jpg
Old 10-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #12
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1b View Post
Hey guys, can I swap my chrome emblem out of the front grill with a black one? Where can I find one?
As far as i know they dont come from the factory black, just paint it yourself its not that hard..
Old 10-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #13
too many clowns, not enough circuses.
daftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: François Dillinger
daftcon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
As far as i know they dont come from the factory black, just paint it yourself its not that hard..
x2 i don't even think thats remotely an option. so i'm thinking.... paint? lol