Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Lowering X Runners

Old 10-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
GAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to behold
GAmtber23's Tacoma Gallery
Lowering X Runners

I've got a buddy I work with who has an '05 X Runner. He's currently running a spring compressor type device.. ha I've never seen anything like it until his. It's to something you can get from autozone that compresses or extendes the front springs, yeah sounds sketchy. On the rear he's running a reverse block. Well he's been having some real bad issues as I suspsected he would before he put it all in hah. Anyway does anyone know the best set up under $1,200 to lower it in a more safer and less destructive way? He's been looking at airbags for the rears, but what would you run up front? Can you buy shorter springs for up front that are a tad bit stiffer that you could use in conjuntion with with the oem coilover? I've done quiet a bit of research on lifting our trucks but no clue for lowering. Thought I'd save some time by posting it up, so sorry if this has been answered. Lemme know what you all think please
Old 10-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
This space intentionally left blank.
Boring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Discharged honorably many years ago.
Boring's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure there are others with more expertise in this area...

http://tundraracing.com/xrunnerdropkit.htm

http://www.sittinsic.com/?page_id=27

I've read stuff about C2C, SOS and DJM, but I don't know the specifics. Custom springs, lowering blocks, dropped spindles, spacers, etc...
Old 10-21-2010, 07:08 AM   #4
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
go on Xrunner underground. good info there

basics:

1.75" Drops
-Sittin sic drop coils around $300. uses shorter, stiffer spring on stock strut. blocks or composite leafs out back.
-SOS Drop Spring perches. $300 (The tundra racing link posted above) ride is very similar to stock. blocks out back
-C2C Spindle Spacers. No longer in production. Camber problems as well.

3" drops
DJM front Upper and Lower control arms. Very Hard install. 3" front, 3" or 4" rear. with 4" rear drop, you must notch the frame. Prices Vary on kit options.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Sittin Sic

This pic is with 18" wheels.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
Emanon is on a distinguished road
Emanon's Tacoma Gallery
I have the complete Sittin Sic kit like Coupe the only challenge atm is getting ahold of the guy who runs the company.

If your buddy is interested I'd suggest checking this thread on XRunner Underground. An X owner is sellin his never installed track kit for $1100 with rear QA1 12 way adjustable shocks. Track kit is the best one as it includes front and rear sways which makes for a whole new truck.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
i knew someone who cut a whole coil and put 3 inch blocks in the back, not too bad for a 30 dolla drop !
Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
Yeah
willard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud ofwillard417 has much to be proud of
Name: Luke
willard417's Tacoma Gallery
just bolt the front wheels to the frame.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #11
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStradaXR View Post
i knew someone who cut a whole coil and put 3 inch blocks in the back, not too bad for a 30 dolla drop !
how was the ride?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #12
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
idk, i didnt ride in the truck with him. but i asked he said it felt the same
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #13
xrunner305 is on a distinguished road

Name: vanny
xrunner305's Tacoma Gallery
is that a custom kit or is it made for tacoma
Old 12-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #15
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
lol
Old 12-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #17
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
who said that^^
Old 12-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAmntber21 View Post
I've got a buddy I work with who has an '05 X Runner. He's currently running a spring compressor type device.. ha I've never seen anything like it until his. It's to something you can get from autozone that compresses or extendes the front springs, yeah sounds sketchy. On the rear he's running a reverse block. Well he's been having some real bad issues as I suspsected he would before he put it all in hah. Anyway does anyone know the best set up under $1,200 to lower it in a more safer and less destructive way? He's been looking at airbags for the rears, but what would you run up front? Can you buy shorter springs for up front that are a tad bit stiffer that you could use in conjuntion with with the oem coilover? I've done quiet a bit of research on lifting our trucks but no clue for lowering. Thought I'd save some time by posting it up, so sorry if this has been answered. Lemme know what you all think please
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
who said that^^
Can't you rent spring compressors at autozone?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:23 AM   #20
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
yep. i can imagine this would work, kinda, but i wouldnt trust it going over 5 mph with that kind of setup.
I wouldn't even put the weight of the vehicle on the springs with them compressed. I'm wondering if this is what the op's friend did or if there is something else he used.