Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

2 Questions

Old 11-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
cbrbob is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
cbrbob's Tacoma Gallery
2 Questions

Anyone found adjustable upper control arms for the X-Runner?
Would like to be able to move the top of the tire outward to gain some camber back (truck is lowered).

Also anyone found stainless brake lines for the rear of the XR?

If so for either, please PM me the part#s and where you got them.
Thanks!

P.S. I would appreciate not having posts like "just put on rear disks" or "use the whole DJM kit". Thanks!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrbob View Post
Anyone found adjustable upper control arms for the X-Runner?
Would like to be able to move the top of the tire outward to gain some camber back (truck is lowered).

Also anyone found stainless brake lines for the rear of the XR?

If so for either, please PM me the part#s and where you got them.
Thanks!

P.S. I would appreciate not having posts like "just put on rear disks" or "use the whole DJM kit". Thanks!
are you running stock control arms? if you want to go anywhere past 3" up front you need the DJM upper and lower control arms to get it back to stock spec. the DJM control arms are the only control arms out there at the moment for these trucks. you can only go 1.75" or so up front without having camber problems, and the lower you go from there the worse it'll be.

how much are you lowered up front? and what kind of drop do you have?
Old 11-06-2010, 05:05 AM   #3
cbrbob's Tacoma Gallery
Stock arms, thats why I am looking for an adj. upper, to get +camber back.
I have the SOS kit 1.5". That with the TRD SC, added weight and dropped the front more. I don't want more lowering, I want less neg camber.
I know about the Sittin Sic higher rate stock coils, which would do the trick. But I get no response from them. That would be a good fix.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
with the SOS 1.75" kit you should be able to get it into stock alignment specs no problem. where'd you get your alignment from? alot of the big box stores (goodyear, firestone, sears) don't have the best alignment techs, so your best bet would be a local specialty alignment shop that is used to dealing with modfied suspensions.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:27 AM   #5
cbrbob's Tacoma Gallery
Local alignment shop, yep. In fact the guy there has a XR. Look I'm not shooting in the dark on this one. I know what I'm doingand wy it's out. I just don't have all the answers to get it back.
The truck WAS in alignment. Added the TRD SC, now it's out and just beyond being aligned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
with the SOS 1.75" kit you should be able to get it into stock alignment specs no problem. where'd you get your alignment from? alot of the big box stores (goodyear, firestone, sears) don't have the best alignment techs, so your best bet would be a local specialty alignment shop that is used to dealing with modfied suspensions.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
parting out...
speckdzl4shzl is on a distinguished road
speckdzl4shzl's Tacoma Gallery
the S/C won't add that much weight that it will drop your truck out of specs. they come from the factory with S/C's, Toyota thought of those things when they designed it...

might be your SOS kit. that's not the best way to lower these trucks.

in any case i've seen of tons of dudes on XRU with the SOS kit and S/C's and none of them have had alignment issues. if anything the negative camber will help the handling of your truck.

i'm at a -1.7 on each side and don't have any uneven tire wear. i rotate every oil change and keep an eye on the inside of the tires because of it but for the past 10k with these tires they're still perfect (Nitto NT555's).

you might want to go to another alignment shop just to check. you never know.

check your tie rods. if they look like mine \ / you won't be able to fix them other then going back to a stock setup. there's no bump steer kit for our trucks....
Old 11-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrbob View Post
That with the TRD SC, added weight and dropped the front more.
Doubtful. You probably weigh more than the damn supercharger kit.

You don't want to use the DJM arms, fine.

You don't want to wait for Shane, fine.

There are no adjustable UCA's.

Get some stock control arms and make your own, go get your shit realigned, or take off your supercharger.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

As far as your ss brakes...

Front kit...http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...1&parts_id=952

Rear kit...http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...1&parts_id=962
Old 11-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #9
cbrbob's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, you guys are all full of good news.
No reality check here, huh.
It was barely in spec prior to the SC, now it's out, check.
I have never heard of an 05 tacoma with a SC from the factory.
You guys like a lot of -camber, thats nice, it wears tires out, I know.
Will it help handling, sure if all you do is corner hard. I put lots of miles on, would like to keep the 285s from wearing out in 10k miles so I like the camber close to zero.
If you check XR, you would have seen my involvment for a quality bump steer kit, new quality front struts etc.
It seems many are just in it for looks and some of the better solutions, like the DJM, are 3", too much for where I live. And I work on my own truck so getting a jack under it is an issue with 3".
As far as waiting for Shane, it seems thats all anyone does lately, is wait. Sad, I would like to have those coils.
As far as the SC, Unless you have picked up all the boxes it came in........you would know.

Thanks for the SSlines info.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:03 AM   #11
parting out...
many people have got their 1gr taco from the factory with a supercharger on it.

never seen/heard of a bumpsteer kit on someones truck. all just "we need one talk"

been on these boards for over 3 years and never heard anyone have that problem.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
05h0twheels is on a distinguished road
05h0twheels's Tacoma Gallery
custom make one, a bumpsteer kit
Old 11-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #13
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdzl4shzl View Post
many people have got their 1gr taco from the factory with a supercharger on it. .
X-Runners don't come from the factory with superchargers,the stealership will install one after u get the truck
Old 11-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #14
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
X-Runners don't come from the factory with superchargers,the stealership will install one after u get the truck
Nobody said they did.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #15
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
. they come from the factory with S/C's, Toyota thought of those things when they designed it...

Quote:
many people have got their 1gr taco from the factory with a supercharger on it.

toyota does not install chargers of any kind at the factory. they may be dealer installed but thats just so they can charge you a arm and a leg for it
Old 11-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #17
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
He did, Read top line post #11
It says 1GR, not X-Runner.

Regardless, I know they don't come from the factory s/c'd.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:58 AM   #18
cbrbob's Tacoma Gallery
Well this thread has been jacked enough to say
ADMIN PLEASE LOCK IT
Old 11-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #19
parting out...
i meant dealership. come on guys. bunch of amelia badelias here.