Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

1gr Built Engine with Cams by APR

Old 02-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #21
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #22
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ramon
xroller's Tacoma Gallery
I like how you skipped over my question balboa....
Old 02-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #23
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
and how bout the fact that this user also uses bold letters only when posting.........
Old 02-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #24
Punk Pony is on a distinguished road
Punk Pony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xroller View Post
Balboa sold his XR.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #25
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
sir this is bad ass.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
sir this is bad ass.
Thanx. It is sure a blast to drive. All the ice has melted off our Dallas streets so its boost as usual.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #27
Quote from Torspd:If I remember correctly, it is a reground cam. Not a new larger one that is not originally stock. Just reground to make it have different performance traits.

I say this because I believe that that is the only way you can get different cams for these motors. By re-grinding the stock lobes.

Also, he has had some serious porting done to the heads. They have been flow tested, and flow quite a bit more than stock.

I am not sure of his compression ratio. I bet it is around 9.5, but can easily be wrong. I do know that with the work done, that motor will easily handle 500 + whp reliably. I won't be stressing parts to hard.

Only thing I am worried about is the raised rev limiter. Hopefully APR knows the limits of the stock oil pump. I.E. when it starts cavitating the oil because it is spinning to fast. If that happens, that motor will not last long at all due to oil starvation. Never good.
Correct. Cams were made by a cam maker out of Ca. APR has dealt with them for many years. Pistons are stock compression. We are planning from lifting the rev limiter from 5400 stock to 6800 RPM. Should be a blast. Will check on the oil pump. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #28
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
So then who are you on XRU?......
Old 02-07-2011, 03:59 AM   #29
Banned
GQJET is on a distinguished road
GQJET's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk Pony View Post
I know a secret but I cannot tell.
I know APR said they are going to release the x1 in a couple months. I call this BS. They are working on new software and trying to sell test units.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:43 AM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
This is very cool
Thank you. This engine would run great in some of that cool Canadian air.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Well it's definately cool today, about -21*C (-6*F), although not ideal road conditions for your wicked hot rod. (winter storm warning in effect, heavy snowfall , blowing snow).

Seriously though, thanks for sharing and taking the time to post, you've been busy. Are you doing the work yourself?

really looking forward to more video and dyno results, if your planning to do so of course.

I like x-runners just not practical for me, but that engine would be so much fun in my 4x4.

A buddy from Canada is coming over to take a ride tomorrow. Hopefully he will like it. Still running break in tune.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #32
Quote:
Who?
Old 02-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #33
Quote:
So then who are you on XRU?......
Huh?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #34
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Nvm.... it doesn't matter..... we know who you are.... but keep up the build.....
Old 02-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #35
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
ummmm....MOAR VIDYO!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #36
Quote:
Nvm.... it doesn't matter..... we know who you are.... but keep up the build.....
Huh? SMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
ummmm....MOAR VIDYO!
Will have a quality video next monday. I am ripping out the exhaust and going from 3" to 3 1/2" Trying to decide what mufflers at the moment.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #37
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
Yep the OP is balboa. I thought you were banned from TW too. I guess CT is slow huh?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootalien View Post
Yep the OP is balboa. I thought you were banned from TW too. I guess CT is slow huh?
Huh? Will be posting another video next week.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #39
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice X. Can you post up some more pics of your truck and more specs of your X? Did you paint your grill black from red? I'm curious to see what it looks like. Are you running a turbo set up or URD/TRD boost? Thanks
Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 AM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
Nice X. Can you post up some more pics of your truck and more specs of your X? Did you paint your grill black from red? I'm curious to see what it looks like. Are you running a turbo set up or URD/TRD boost? Thanks
Will have more info. next week. Doing 2 major mods this weekend. And will be taking video.