Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

1gr Built Engine with Cams by APR

Old 02-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Punk Pony is on a distinguished road
Punk Pony's Tacoma Gallery
1gr Built Engine with Cams by APR

Sorry guys that I have not done this sooner. Here are some pics and a nice nice sound clip of the new built engine. 21 months and done. The cams are a nice addition to this build. The extra $2000 is worth it. One of the mods asked me why I have not done this thread yet so here we go. The heads have been worked on for flow and stronger stiffer valve springs also. We are raising the rev limiter from 6200 to 6800 RPM. Stock was 5400 RPM. We are using the toyota head gaskets. Do not plan on running over 14-15 lbs. of boost so should be just fine. Crankshaft also has been smoothed out. Pauter Rods with JE pistons. Final cost on build will probably never be known. This build is not for the weak. HP goal is for right at 500HP and reliable. Remember I am running E85. The E85 is a beautiful addition. Roughly another 30-35 HP. I likey!! The first pic is a video. Just click on it and be sure to turn up the volume to hear it. Here is a nice view of the cams. And to my knowledge the first XR boosted with cams. Another mini video. Just click on pic. The last image is not for kiddies.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN! that thing sounds like a MONSTER!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMcompliant View Post
DAMN! that thing sounds like a MONSTER!
I would not drive anything else.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
Oh this cammed X-Runner is hawt.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #6
Also would like to add that we have installed the new Doug Thorley headers and it gives it a deeper tone as well as performance. I believe URD has a group buy on these headers at the moment.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Any dyno runs yet?
Not yet. Within the next 3 weeks. Tune is on its way.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #9
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
very cool...
Nice job!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing wrong with throwing in a pic of Inez Sainz.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #11
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ramon
xroller's Tacoma Gallery
........... I see you have a t56 swap bell housing..... So who are you really? Is this the infamous balboa?............... that first vid sounds like open y-pipe....... you might be the first boosted xr with cams..... but I don't know that for sure.... I doubt it with how many builds there have been for an xr..... also what CR are you running?........ what did you do to the block? (sleeves, closed deck?, etc) and you are only planning on pushing 500?..... that is a waste.... it's already been done..... It would be quite a disappointment if you didn't go for 600rwhp.... with that much work you should be able to easily achieve that..... what turbo set up are you running? Top mount? rear mount?..... there is so many questions to ask.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
can i steal your truck and leave mine?
I like yours. If we can swap engines real quick which I know we can you have a deal.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
hmm tempting but i will have to decline
LOL. I would of not accepted. Just kidding with ya. If I had a second vehicle yours could do it. Nice truck. Very nice.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
very cool...
Nice job!
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Nothing wrong with throwing in a pic of Inez Sainz.
Beautiful!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #17
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
What are you using for the tune?

Awesome truck man.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
What are you using for the tune?

Awesome truck man.
Thank you. Am using the X-1 piggyback tuner. It basically takes over the stock ECU. Allan Phillips Racing makes it.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #19
Banned
GQJET is on a distinguished road
GQJET's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk Pony View Post
Thank you. Am using the X-1 piggyback tuner. It basically takes over the stock ECU. Allan Phillips Racing makes it.
Not anymore!!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQJET View Post
Not anymore!!
I know a secret but I cannot tell.