Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

1/4 mile

Old 09-17-2008, 02:46 AM   #21
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to sound thick, but if you take one second longer to get off the line, doesn't that add one second to your ET when you cross the line? I only had one run in my life so I'm far from an expert here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
reaction time has nothing to do with e/t. just will be a factor in who wins at the end.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:32 AM   #22
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphMan View Post
Sorry to sound thick, but if you take one second longer to get off the line, doesn't that add one second to your ET when you cross the line? I only had one run in my life so I'm far from an expert here.
Nope, your timer doesn't start until you break the starting beam.

In this vid the guy just hangs out at the light for awhile and still runs a 12 sec pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBkreB6BJ1E
Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #23
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
look at a lot of turbo vehicles, espically big turbo diesels, that sit at the line for a few seconds sometimes so they can build boost before launching. time only starts when your tires roll through the roll out box and cross the last staging beam. but, as i said before, here is a slip of mine where i ran a 05+ mustang gt, i ran a 14.6, he ran a 14.4 but i still won. From the time the light dropped to green, it took me 14.85 seconds to make it to the 1320 mark, and it took him 14.974 seconds. so i obviously made it there before he did, although he ran a better time once he passed the last staging line.

but the first person has a better reaction time than the second person, he will probably win because he will make it to the end of the track sooner than the second person.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #24
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
OK, that explains it - thanks. Don't remember a beam back in my teen years - lets say a couple years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Nope, your timer doesn't start until you break the starting beam.

In this vid the guy just hangs out at the light for awhile and still runs a 12 sec pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBkreB6BJ1E
Old 10-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #25
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
so i'm off to the strip in San Antonio to put down a new best... we'll see what I come back with.

Any TX locals are welcome to join.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #26
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
so i'm off to the strip in San Antonio to put down a new best... we'll see what I come back with.

Any TX locals are welcome to join.
Damn, just got back from San Antone...

Cant wait to hit the track here in Fayetteville. Weather is shitty right now.

Have a good run.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #27
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
goodluck!! cant wait to see ur results!
Old 10-25-2008, 03:26 AM   #28
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Have be safe.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #29
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
New Personal Best
1/4 ET: 13.7130
1/4 MPH: 104.65

Run - 1 (acura integra - 16.55 @ 83.46)
R/T: .8863
60': 2.2183
1/8 ET: 9.0920
1/8 MPH: 80.26
1/4 ET: 13.8825
1/4 MPH: 104.09

Run - 2 (v8 S-10 - 14.53 @ 99.54)
R/T: 1.1901
60': 2.1538
1/8 ET: 8.9617
1/8 MPH: 80.94
1/4 ET: 13.7130
1/4 MPH: 104.65

Run - 3 (honda crx - 16.67 @ 87.63 - tree'd me with a .0001 reaction time)
R/T: 1.0331
60': 2.1500
1/8 ET: 8.9841
1/8 MPH: 81.12
1/4 ET: 13.7133
1/4 MPH: 103.62 (shifted into 4th instead of riding rev limiter like I did the first 2 passes)

You can see where the APR parts made the biggest impact... 1/4 Trap.. ET wasn't as good as I was hoping, largely due to the 1-2. My 1/8 hardly saw a difference... Based on this online HP calculator, my 104.65mph trap, and the vehicle weighing in at 3870lbs (may or may not be very accurate, purely for entertainment purposes), my est HP is about 346rwhp.

I was able to get my 2nd and 3rd on film..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBJz9sjNoRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obE9h0G9izs
Old 10-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #31
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
good runs you need to get that 60 down and launch harder and your looking low 13s but you dont want to leave your rear diff sitting on the line either
Old 02-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #32
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
good runs you need to get that 60 down and launch harder and your looking low 13s but you dont want to leave your rear diff sitting on the line either

Low 13's huh...

1/4: 13.382 @ 104.340
1/8: 8.702 @ 82.890
60': 2.079

http://www.dragtimes.com/Toyota-Taco...lip-17531.html
Old 02-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #33
ther you go low 13's good job if you get a good night and hit a 1.9 60 foot and everything is in you favor i bet high 12's is not out of the relm of possiblity.

Your running what my 98 Z28 Camaro was running a little faster actually
Old 02-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #34
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
ther you go low 13's good job if you get a good night and hit a 1.9 60 foot and everything is in you favor i bet high 12's is not out of the relm of possiblity.

Your running what my 98 Z28 Camaro was running a little faster actually
I'm still stock pulley too, running on street tires.

Some drag radials, a little suspension tweaking and pulley, and I'm high 12's for sure
Old 02-07-2009, 03:28 AM   #35
yea the drag radials would help alot but i wouldn't get to stickey of a tire like i said dont want to leave that rear diff on the starting line.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #36
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
dang that's flying for a taco. i didnt think they even cracked into the 14s stock. feels like a 16 second truck to me lol.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #37
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
dang that's flying for a taco. i didnt think they even cracked into the 14s stock. feels like a 16 second truck to me lol.

yup there have been xrunners crack 14s stock. but most 05+ tacos are in the 15s.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #38
Any updates
Old 02-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #39
hes going back to the track friday night. I will be soon as well. Still searching for 13 n/a, and im almost there.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #40
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Correct.. will be attending the strip this Friday. Will be going to a strip that almost 600' lower in elevation too..