Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

PreRunner wants to be an XR. (XRU)

Old 02-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
PreRunner wants to be an XR. (XRU)

Just going to leave this here.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...d=1#post715944

There have been guys wanting to lower the PreRunner before, but I don't recall anything like this guy wants to do.

I gave him my input. I think it's actually pretty interesting. I figure if anyone else has input, they could supply it.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Why doesnt he just trade his for a XR?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
He wanted the 4 door
Old 02-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by supratwins View Post
Stupid Ryan!

Why isn't there a TT 2JZ motor in your XR????
Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supratwins View Post
Maybe because it's new!

Now the question for you is why haven't you did a 4.0L XR swap in your ride??
Need money and another ride while it's being done? lol
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Just going to leave this here.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...d=1#post715944

There have been guys wanting to lower the PreRunner before, but I don't recall anything like this guy wants to do.

I gave him my input. I think it's actually pretty interesting. I figure if anyone else has input, they could supply it.
you did fubar it in one place...he needs to convert to a Spring Under Axle, not a u-bolt flip kit. all that will do is get rid of the clunky plates under the rear axle and the springs will still be above it.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
you did fubar it in one place...he needs to convert to a Spring Under Axle, not a u-bolt flip kit. all that will do is get rid of the clunky plates under the rear axle and the springs will still be above it.
Maybe I misunderstood what u-bolt flip kit is for. I'm under the impression that a u-bolt flip kit basically converts the spring over to a spring under.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
So can u have a 4wd 4door longbed xrunner? I've always wondered what the difference is between a regular trd vs an xrunner is. Does the xr motor have more power? I'd like to have an xrunner eventually. sigh
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Maybe I misunderstood what u-bolt flip kit is for. I'm under the impression that a u-bolt flip kit basically converts the spring over to a spring under.
nope...here is what the u-boly flip does. a SUA conversion takes a bit more to do what you are thinking, but can still be done fairly easy.

u-bolt flip helps w/ under axle clearance and keeps it from getting hung up on the stock brackets under the axle.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
So can u have a 4wd 4door longbed xrunner? I've always wondered what the difference is between a regular trd vs an xrunner is. Does the xr motor have more power? I'd like to have an xrunner eventually. sigh
You can't have a 4dr 4x4 XR, but you can invest a lot of time and money into making something that has similar features and loosely resembles an XR.

An XR is an AC 2wd 5-lug with 4.0, 6-speed, and some cheeseball ground effects. haha

Quote:
nope...here is what the u-boly flip does. a SUA conversion takes a bit more to do what you are thinking, but can still be done fairly easy.

u-bolt flip helps w/ under axle clearance and keeps it from getting hung up on the stock brackets under the axle.
Ahhhh, then I'll just play it off like I was being a smartass.

I edited my post so as not to confuse anyone. lol
Old 02-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
You can't have a 4dr 4x4 XR, but you can invest a lot of time and money into making something that has similar features and loosely resembles an XR.

An XR is an AC 2wd 5-lug with 4.0, 6-speed, and some cheeseball ground effects. haha

Ahhhh, then I'll just play it off like I was being a smartass.
lol...

the new 4dr 4cyl base would make a good candidate to get the exterior looking like an XR
Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
lol...

the new 4dr 4cyl base would make a good candidate to get the exterior looking like an XR
True.

I think swapping a suspension would be easier than swapping motors in these electronically controlled beasts. Maybe?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Why isn't there a TT 2JZ motor in your XR????
You mean a 2JZ-GTE? I'd rather go single
Old 02-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #14
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
You mean a 2JZ-GTE? I'd rather go single
Shit, I'd be happy with an NA 2JZ swap. lol
Old 02-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
True.

I think swapping a suspension would be easier than swapping motors in these electronically controlled beasts. Maybe?
definitely....then get a full set of the XR ground effects and another set of the ones for the cab to plastic weld into one functioning set. when it comes time to the engine, either turbo the 4cyl or drop in something bigger and badder than the stock 4.0.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #16
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Ah I love input!! Johnny 5 alive! I'd love to have an xrunner for manual tranny and a fast truck just for me. Its either that or a sports car, buuuuut I'm partial to a yota I love it!!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #17
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
definitely....then get a full set of the XR ground effects and another set of the ones for the cab to plastic weld into one functioning set. when it comes time to the engine, either turbo the 4cyl or drop in something bigger and badder than the stock 4.0.
Smells like 350.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shit, I'd be happy with an NA 2JZ swap. lol
My friend brian (OneJay) on here tossed his NA 2JZ and swapped in a 1JZ-GTE