Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

top speed xrunner

Old 09-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #201
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
This is why I have my truck for daily/off-road. And this for weekend fun for chill cruises in the mountains and pounding it at the track...

A truck's a truck, a sports car is a sports car.
What kinda cars that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
You should be fine. Maybe get a wide band A/F gauge to keep tabs.
Just when i go out to work on it it starts pouring rain.....

And i think i might one day, don't know about right now though
Old 09-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #202
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
What kinda cars that?

Just when i go out to work on it it starts pouring rain.....

And i think i might one day, don't know about right now though
Z car.

Lol. Get an easy up and get to!
Old 09-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #203
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is why I have my truck for daily/off-road. And this for weekend fun for chill cruises in the mountains and pounding it at the track...

A truck's a truck, a sports car is a sports car.
there is a speed shop in mobile alabama that has a red one with a 408 stroker ls2 with twin turbos on it lol. it runs like a 6 or 7 quarter mile.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #204
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
What kinda cars that?
Datsun 280z
Old 09-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #205
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
^Yup, with a chevy v8
Old 09-17-2011, 06:32 AM   #206
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^Yup, with a chevy v8

Old 09-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #207
CJsProSats is on a distinguished road
CJsProSats's Tacoma Gallery
It was a BIG box
Old 09-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #208
CJsProSats is on a distinguished road
CJsProSats's Tacoma Gallery
I had it outfitted for arctic duty this past winter with 275/65 18's and it topped at 144
Old 09-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #209
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
Who quoted this guy 6k for the trd charger woithout labor?? Florida can't be that much different than Denver I'm into my trd sc for 4900 including install and the apr 2.85 pulley
Old 12-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #210
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
The speed governor on the XRunner is set to 124 MPH. Most of the other trucks it is set to 105.

The reason the OEMs put speed governors on the vehicles is so you cannot exceed the maximum tire speed rating of the tires they install at the factory.

If you decide to raise the speed governor you must make sure the tires are properly rated for the speed you will be driving.

I have driven the URD XRunner to 170 MPH. This was accomplished using the URD Supercharger system with a raised engine RPM limit and removal of the vehicle speed governor. That was done with the discontinued X-1 engine controller. We have now switched to the UCON Flex Advanced Engine Controller from iTronix Technologies.

The engine in the URD XRunner is a stock engine with no internal mods other than the APR exhaust cam gears. We do have an engine being built. It was the first 1GR block to be sleeved by Darton. It has been at APR FOREVER now waiting on them to assemble it. Not much happening there. Might have to switch to plan B on that.

There is a video on our supercharger kit page of the truck with the older Mk2 supercharger system doing 150 MPH through a police RADAR trap in Tucson.

http://www.urdusa.com/Forced-Inducti...duct_info.html

Since then we did the T-56 transmission swap and regeared the rear diff to 4.30 gears. You won't see it doing 170 MPH any more due to the much higher propeller shaft speed. Those Spicer made propeller shafts who also make the ones on the Turndra have a problem exploding on the Tundras when you remove the vehicle speed governor. So, until we have a custom drive shaft made, those super high speeds are no more.

G
Old 12-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #211
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
they caught up to you when you were doing 150?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #212
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
they caught up to you when you were doing 150?
In the video I think he stopped.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #213
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
he stopped.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #214
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
Ok i know this is way off the subject but does anyone know about what a stock 2011 TRD Sport will do and 1/4 time? Its accesscab 4x4 auto 4.0
Old 12-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #215
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^Yup, with a chevy v8
you got more pictures of that somewhere, i want to see that build
Old 12-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #216
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
you got more pictures of that somewhere, i want to see that build
I'm going to rip everything out, strip the car down to bare metal, go through it, do a LS1 with T-56 and LSD rear and just go through everything on the car. I want the body done perfect, paint so clear birds think it's the sky, and a lot of custom interior work. Objective is a fun, overly powerful weekend car... not track or such. But... the current setup:

A lot of stuff was done ghetto... solid mounted motor to the body (no isolation...), ghetto "strut tower bar" that does nothing other than help run a few wires lol... ignition wiring rats nest, incomplete shaved rear... anyway I want it done right and legit... so you know the saying "gotta do it yourself if you want it done right"
Old 01-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #217
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
The speed governor on the XRunner is set to 124 MPH. Most of the other trucks it is set to 105.

The reason the OEMs put speed governors on the vehicles is so you cannot exceed the maximum tire speed rating of the tires they install at the factory.

If you decide to raise the speed governor you must make sure the tires are properly rated for the speed you will be driving.

I have driven the URD XRunner to 170 MPH. This was accomplished using the URD Supercharger system with a raised engine RPM limit and removal of the vehicle speed governor. That was done with the discontinued X-1 engine controller. We have now switched to the UCON Flex Advanced Engine Controller from iTronix Technologies.

The engine in the URD XRunner is a stock engine with no internal mods other than the APR exhaust cam gears. We do have an engine being built. It was the first 1GR block to be sleeved by Darton. It has been at APR FOREVER now waiting on them to assemble it. Not much happening there. Might have to switch to plan B on that.

There is a video on our supercharger kit page of the truck with the older Mk2 supercharger system doing 150 MPH through a police RADAR trap in Tucson.

http://www.urdusa.com/Forced-Inducti...duct_info.html

Since then we did the T-56 transmission swap and regeared the rear diff to 4.30 gears. You won't see it doing 170 MPH any more due to the much higher propeller shaft speed. Those Spicer made propeller shafts who also make the ones on the Turndra have a problem exploding on the Tundras when you remove the vehicle speed governor. So, until we have a custom drive shaft made, those super high speeds are no more.

G
Custom aluminum drive shaft in the works, and 3.73 rear staying in. Mine will be able..... Hehe