LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Is the X-runner scooped hood the same as the TRD sport scooped hood?

Old 04-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
Sombra is on a distinguished road
Sombra's Tacoma Gallery
Is the X-runner scooped hood the same as the TRD sport scooped hood?

Hi, just seeing if anyone knows if the X-runner Scooped hood is the same as the TRD Sport scooped hood, in other words can they be swapped without fitment issues? Thanks.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:58 AM   #2
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
yes, they are the same
Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Sombra's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Thanks.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:39 AM   #4
Punk Pony is on a distinguished road
Punk Pony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra View Post
Hi, just seeing if anyone knows if the X-runner Scooped hood is the same as the TRD Sport scooped hood, in other words can they be swapped without fitment issues? Thanks.
Yes it is. I my XR hood to a guy who owned a TRD Sport here in Dallas.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
No..........the x runner hood gives 50 hp and the regular TRD hood gives only 20 hp.
hahahaha win
Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
No..........the x runner hood gives 50 hp and the regular TRD hood gives only 20 hp.
I thought power was the same, but the X Runner hood doesnt impede vision, while the SPorts hood does...
Old 04-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
Sombra's Tacoma Gallery
1. How can a hood give you hp? 2. So, the X-Runner actually physically looks different from a TRD hood? I bought an X-Runner hood thinking it would look the same as a TRD hood on my 07 prerunner. What's the consensus?
Old 04-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra View Post
1. How can a hood give you hp? 2. So, the X-Runner actually physically looks different from a TRD hood? I bought an X-Runner hood thinking it would look the same as a TRD hood on my 07 prerunner. What's the consensus?
1. Joke
2. It is the same hood.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
The XR Hood actually lowers the coefficient of drag on the Tacomas from 0.365 to under 0.023. This allows the Xr's to break the sound barrier.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #10
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I thought power was the same, but the X Runner hood doesnt impede vision, while the SPorts hood does...
ive never really noticed the hood scoop blinds the driver and passenger..i always keep 2 pairs of glasses.But even when im not wearing it i dont notice.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #11
Sombra's Tacoma Gallery
ha ha, you guys had me scared for a minute there lol. Actually, does anyone know where I can find a thread or website or something on how to actually install the scoop insert into the hood? I've tried searching for it and couldn't find anything
Old 04-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #12
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You'd need to get a new hood entirely, its a molded hood not just a stick on scoop
Old 04-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
You'd need to get a new hood entirely, its a molded hood not just a stick on scoop

false, i found a thread last night showing how to remove it. let me fuind it
Old 04-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
false, i found a thread last night showing how to remove it. let me fuind it
Are you talking about just the insert?? cause the two hoods are completely different.. ones flat.. ones raised..
Old 04-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #16
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
The hood is one piece. The part that should suck air is what that thread is about.

You cannot simply attach a scoop unless you get one of those Gay stick on ones.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
The hood is one piece. The part that should suck air is what that thread is about.

You cannot simply attach a scoop unless you get one of those Gay stick on ones.
Yea, thats what i'm thinkin...

Hey OP, clarification is needed, are you talking about the inserted scoop in the center of the molded hood or are you talking the whole thing as one piece ??
Old 04-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #18
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
ohh my bad i mis read, thought you were talking about the insert. sorry!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #19

Quote:
haha no problem
Old 04-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #20
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're as bad as that Christwobyfour guy.

Must be an Arizona thing. Too much time spent in the sun...