Notices

Coolant Replacement

Old 07-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Darla is on a distinguished road
Army: Chemcal Officer, 75th Division
Name: Darla
Darla's Tacoma Gallery
Coolant Replacement

So I'm BRAND new to maintaining my own vehicle. Is there anything extraordinary about replacing the coolant in my Tacoma? I had the tires rotated today, and Firestone recommended that I get that done now.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Darla.. im sure any kind will do the trick. I just spent $30 and got mine at the stealership, or you can go to autozone or any parts house and prolly get it for a couple bucks cheaper...

Any pic's of the truck and what color ?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
patwrik is on a distinguished road
patwrik's Tacoma Gallery
Recommend the Toyota WS Pink coolant...

The green stuff you get at autozone doesn't play nice with the stock pink

BTW, welcome and say goodbye to your wallet..
Old 07-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
Darla's Tacoma Gallery
Re: Coolant Replacement

OK, I'll stop by my friendly, neighborhood Toyota dealership and get the good stuff. Thanks.

My truck is white. Or at least its paint is white. I drive it on the farm a lot, so technically, at the moment, it's the color of horse $#!* and mud. I only have a couple of pix, and that's only because my chickens were on and trying to get in the truck. I'll try to figure out how to post them. I'm even newer to posting things on the forum than I am to vehicle maintenance..... Yikes.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darla View Post
OK, I'll stop by my friendly, neighborhood Toyota dealership and get the good stuff. Thanks.

My truck is white. Or at least its paint is white. I drive it on the farm a lot, so technically, at the moment, it's the color of horse $#!* and mud. I only have a couple of pix, and that's only because my chickens were on and trying to get in the truck. I'll try to figure out how to post them. I'm even newer to posting things on the forum than I am to vehicle maintenance..... Yikes.
Yes, go with Toyota pink coolant. So you use an X-runner as a farm truck? That's different...

and welcome..
Old 07-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
Darla's Tacoma Gallery
Coolant

My other car is a '68 Mustang. Makes better sense to use the truck.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
Iakopa84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Iakopa84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a '66 Coupe and my bro has a '68 fastback!

And yes, it makes more sense to use the truck around the farm
Old 07-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Indeed it does!

Hey, if you go into your profile and put the year, engine, and transmission type in your info

<<<<HERE

folks will be able to help you more quickly (and accurately) when you have questions.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Wait... I'm confused. You have a white X runner? I wanna see some pics of it if you do
Old 07-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #10
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
Wait... I'm confused. You have a white X runner? I wanna see some pics of it if you do
I was thinking the same thing..there are a few unicorns out there.

In your details you put it's an automatic, X-Runners only come in a 6 speed manual

Old 07-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #11
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
I was thinking the same thing..there are a few unicorns out there.

In your details you put it's an automatic, X-Runners only come in a 6 speed manual

Is that Xrunish? http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ht=satin+white

That white X looks amazing.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #13
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
thats a photoshop of an rr