Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

performance upgrade to the xrunner

Old 08-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #41
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Easiest and safest performance mod though, is the TRD S/C. Will get you decent power, and make you happy if used to it being N/A. Bang for buck, get the URD S/C. $2k plus more, but out of the box, between 80-100 whp more than the TRD out of the box.

Make sure that you get mods, that will work with future mods, so you don't spend money twice.

The new Doug Thorley headers will work with all setups. Good investment. 304 stainless steel. Catbacks don't gain you much, except sound, unless you do custom stuff.

Fuel pump is always a good upgrade.

The new style trd intake is not the way to go. The Afe stage 2 I believe is the old style TRD, and that is the one that you want. Especially if you get the TRD S/C.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #42
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Actually the easiest and safest performance mod you can do is the fast car mod. What is that you ask? It means get a car that will actually go fast. That would be my choice but I don't have the room for another vehicle.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #43
Punk Pony is on a distinguished road
Punk Pony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
And how the hell is that helpful for the masses of people that want one?
Well......if you do you can get one. And.......if you don't well........than you cannot get one.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #45
Also if you really want some sweeeeeeettt power. APR has come out with a slammin turbo kit. Give him a call. You can buy the bad ass y-pipe and exhaust first and your almost halfway there. The exhaust is made for the turbo kit.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
Just one problem. It needs a tuning device that is NOT on the market anymore. Also the Y is only for Xrunners.
I hate break the news to ya but......u r in a xrunner thread. Doah and as posted before if ya know the right connect tuning is not an issue.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
I'm just saying that as a while ago david @ apr wanted to make a y and catback on my truck and then later changed his mind seeing how small the market was.
Zzzzzz. Again......yes once again we b chatting XRs. Is your head as hard as a coconut??
Old 08-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #50
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sounds like someone is doing extra special favors to get APR parts.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Sounds like someone is doing extra special favors to get APR parts.
Are u tryin to get in on my hustle!!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #55
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk Pony View Post
Are u tryin to get in on my hustle!!
No thank you. That is all you buddy.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
No thank you. That is all you buddy.
Ya sure???
Old 08-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #57
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
The URD MAF Sensor Calibrator is the best performance value in the market today.

On my 2005 Tacoma XRunner we picked up 15 RWHP on a completely stock truck. Not bad for $199.

URD has maps we can preload for most of the more popular intakes we can preload for you so all you have to do is install it.

If you can get one the X-1 is a bit more high end and will normally get you about twice the power, but it does cost about 7 times more and can't be found these days. URD sold more of those units than all the other dealers and the manufacturer combined.

If I can help you further please give me a call.

G
Old 08-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
The URD MAF Sensor Calibrator is the best performance value in the market today.

On my 2005 Tacoma XRunner we picked up 15 RWHP on a completely stock truck. Not bad for $199.

URD has maps we can preload for most of the more popular intakes we can preload for you so all you have to do is install it.

If you can get one the X-1 is a bit more high end and will normally get you about twice the power, but it does cost about 7 times more and can't be found these days. URD sold more of those units than all the other dealers and the manufacturer combined.

If I can help you further please give me a call.

G
Uh Gadget, U know as well as I do that your #s are well stretched. My tuner was on the phone with ya while we had this MAF CAL on the dyno. Exaggerarated to say the least.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #60
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
I back gadgets Statemeant on the urd MAF calibratir