Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

performance upgrade to the xrunner

Old 08-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
mel is on a distinguished road

Navy: YN3 FOR CO's ADMIN
mel's Tacoma Gallery
Talking performance upgrade to the xrunner

Ok I hv a 07 xrunner got plans for it as far as performance goes looking for some ideas to boost up the horse power with small up grades for now I will save the big stuff for later... Any suggestions?
Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Xrunner Junkie
gunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
Name: John
gunner76137's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel View Post
Ok I hv a 07 xrunner got plans for it as far as performance goes looking for some ideas to boost up the horse power with small up grades for now I will save the big stuff for later... Any suggestions?
Cold air intake makes a big difference in your low end torgue I just have the cheapo from ebay and it brought my engine to life LMAO
Ive also had the trd cai on Ol'Blue at 1 time and really noticed no difference from it and the cheapo.
Its made by kool vue and its only like $89.00 shipped
I also have a Jardine catback exaust not alot of difference in proformance but made it sound alot meaner.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Keep saving your money until you can afford a supercharger. <--------Best advice you are going to get.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
intake, long tube headers, and then save for blower.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
mel is on a distinguished road

Navy: YN3 FOR CO's ADMIN
mel's Tacoma Gallery
Ok cool yea I am definitely going to get a supercharger for it that seems like the most popular thing to do but I wana do the cold air intake now for the exhaust whr can I get a jardine wht abt magnaflow?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #7
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
get the maf cal so u can tune it...
you get a short shifter yet?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok cool yea I am definitely going to get a supercharger for it that seems like the most popular thing to do but I wana do the cold air intake now for the exhaust whr can I get a jardine wht abt magnaflow?
Save your cash and put it towards the blower
Old 08-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #9
Punk Pony is on a distinguished road
Punk Pony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Contact APR Allan Phillips Racing. He has helped many many Toyota guys gain good safe power. The guy eats breathes HP/TQ. http://aprpower.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStradaXR View Post
get the maf cal so u can tune it...
you get a short shifter yet?
Do not. I repeat. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A MAF CAL. Had one and it is a waste of money.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk Pony View Post
Do not. I repeat. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A MAF CAL. Had one and it is a waste of money.
Many users will say otherwise. Also since no one really knows what is going on with APR it is the only choice besides Unichip.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
That was kind of a loaded question of mine. Basically getting to the point which you made about the availability of an EMS from APR.

There are a few options out there. Just depends on the level of tune-ability the OP wants as well as the money that he cares to spend. MAF cal is one option. Not enough though truly for the s/c setup. Then if he can find one, an X-1. Map-Ecu3 tied into a plug n play harness, Greddy Ultimate Emanage, AEM F/IC ( the nicer of the two) w/ plug n play harness, or what I am using. The ProEFI. I am using the Pro128, but there is also the cheaper cost Pro48. With plug n play harness.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
Quote:
Contact APR Allan Phillips Racing. He has helped many many Toyota guys gain good safe power. The guy eats breathes HP/TQ. http://aprpower.com/
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Many users will say otherwise. Also since no one really knows what is going on with APR it is the only choice besides Unichip.
APR has many different quaility mods for the 1gr-fe. Go open his web page and you will see.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
You just quoted yourself goof.
Nuh uh.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
APR has many different quaility mods for the 1gr-fe. Go open his web page and you will see.
Yeah but the product in question here is the X1. It is available then it isn't then it is again then it hasn't been for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Yeah thats how he rolls...

I heard the LS1 just fits right in for a little extra torque?
Yes bolt in.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #19
Quote:
OPs original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Yeah but the product in question here is the X1.

Uh no it is not. Read OPs original post.