Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

x runner exhaust question

Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
taco06 will become famous soon enough
Name: Alejandro V
taco06's Tacoma Gallery
x runner exhaust question

Ive been looking for a cat back for my tacoma. I found one online and the guy say's its off his x runner. He sent me a picture and it look just like the stock one on my truck ( 06,ac,4x4). He says it has a deep sound. My question is do stock x runners have a different exhaust than the one already in my truck?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
yes they are different size wise but i think they are designed the same..i mean different in size because his xrunner is an access cab body and yours is a double cab,double cabs are longer so it wouldnt fit. But the design is the same and the materials are too
Old 09-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
It should be identical unless it's the trd exhaust.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
taco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seksilumpia View Post
yes they are different size wise but i think they are designed the same..i mean different in size because his xrunner is an access cab body and yours is a double cab,double cabs are longer so it wouldnt fit. But the design is the same and the materials are too
My bad I have an access cab too... but they sound the same right? The TRD catback only comes in stainless steal?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco06 View Post
My bad I have an access cab too... but they sound the same right? The TRD catback only comes in stainless steal?
im not too sure if its the exact same,but i think it will be very identical. The TRD exhaust is made of aluminized 409 stainless steel..i have the TRD exhaust,and i love it..if i had to suggest a few,i would say check out TRD,Borla and Magnaflows.Im not really a fan of any other brands
Old 09-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
taco06's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just interested in this cus it's being sold for cheap.Here is a pic. Just a stock catback right? Sounds the same as the exhaust in my 4x4 taco right?
Attached Thumbnails
x runner exhaust question-img151.jpg  
Old 09-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco06 View Post
I'm just interested in this cus it's being sold for cheap.Here is a pic. Just a stock catback right? Sounds the same as the exhaust in my 4x4 taco right?
Stock exhaust with welded aftermarket tip.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
xrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedxrgilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tyler
xrgilly's Tacoma Gallery
i belive they have a sport tuned exhaust mine sounded a lil different the other tacomas if u want a good sounding exhaust buy one from urd
not a great video but some light reving at the 23 second mark
http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...rent=001-7.mp4