HELP WITH MY STOCK SUB WOOFER

Old 09-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
kickers is on a distinguished road
kickers's Tacoma Gallery
HELP WITH MY STOCK SUB WOOFER

09 HAVE A X RUNNER COMES WITH STOCK SUB.ANYBODY HAVE A WAY TO UPGRADE STOCK BOX
Old 09-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Ditch the stock crap and run your own amp, sub and box combo.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
scyot89 is on a distinguished road
Name: TJ
scyot89's Tacoma Gallery
I have never looked in those trucks to see what it looks like and how much room you got. But if your wanting to keep it the same size, make sure its enclosed real good and the speaker wire is a decent size. If your not satisfied with the way it sounds buy a new sub that will fit in that box, find where your stock amp is, if there is one, and put a better amp in there. subs and amps are like you pay for what you get. So get a good sub and if the sub is rated at 500 watts rms, get a amp that is at least rated at 4 or 5 hundred watts rms also. A lot of ppl don't seem to understand that. They always look at peak wattage.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Facial Hair Extraordinaire!
TheDirtyGoatee is on a distinguished road

Name: Dale
TheDirtyGoatee's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest, I'm perfectly content with the stock box. Not sure what everyone's crying about.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyGoatee View Post
To be honest, I'm perfectly content with the stock box. Not sure what everyone's crying about.
People that don't know what good sound is want to rattle the bolts loose of the car next to them.

live via
Old 11-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Facial Hair Extraordinaire!
TheDirtyGoatee is on a distinguished road

Name: Dale
TheDirtyGoatee's Tacoma Gallery
I worked at a local professional sound shop (Danley Sound Labs). We held the record for largest subwoofer ever. Not the actual driver itself but the entire enclosure. It had 40 MTX Thunder 9500 drivers with 40k watts of juice. It was no slouch. I had to pull it to demo's with a rig quite a few times. Cracked me up to watch people's reactions when we fired it up too. Even on a very mild, low setting it would rattle the building. We never could fire it up full bore though because it would've literally torn the building apart. Mythbusters showed interest back when they were testing the myth about guns in the trunk firing off due to vibrations.

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/danleyport.asp?ID=33

http://futuremusic.com/blog/2008/07/...bs-matterhorn/

(no that's not me personally in it but I do have pics of me and video of it going)

That all being said, I was spoiled because I got to watch fully HD 1080p movies in our demo room with a 9.2 custom surround sound. I do miss that job from time to time.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah if your looking to rattle the roof tear it all out and go custom. Otherwise upgrade the sub to a JL audio and it will kill for a 8". I think that's what size it is...
Old 12-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyGoatee View Post
I have the JBL package and yes, its better than bone stock but the highs are not very crisp and the lows are there but there is no real 'bass'.. The door speakers hit harder than the sub does.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I have the JBL package and yes, its better than bone stock but the highs are not very crisp and the lows are there but there is no real 'bass'.. The door speakers hit harder than the sub does.
The front seems to hit harder because you are in the front. I negligee the sub behind the seats was added to compliment the rear speakers since they were only midrange speakers.

live via
Old 12-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
WestEnd is on a distinguished road
WestEnd's Tacoma Gallery
Add a digital sound processor like those available from JL Audio, Rockford, or Audison. Sony even has one coming out that is supposed to be killer, but I don't know if its shipping yet.
Take the time to read in the tech sections of their websites on how to properly set and install your unit, and you will be amazed at what a difference it makes. It allows you to adjust frequencies, crossovers, slopes, etc. etc. and your OE audio will come to life.
You can also line the inside of your factory enclosure with fiberglass, dynamat, or Blackhole deadener, and it will iprove your low frequency response, even with the factory equipment.