Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

How Reliable Are The X-Runners?

Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #21
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I would assume any used xrunner had a hard life like and sti or evo.the were meant to be beat on so just be careful.they seem not to hold the value as well as a reg Tacoma.I've seen plenty under $10k.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:53 AM   #22
Strathound is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Strathound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
I would assume any used xrunner had a hard life like and sti or evo.the were meant to be beat on so just be careful.they seem not to hold the value as well as a reg Tacoma.I've seen plenty under $10k.
Yeah, that's my concern. I'm taking a look at lunch today.

MS
Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #23
So it appears that the Kelley Blue Book on this vehicle is: $16,430. Someone mentioned seeing them for $10,000. I'm thinking 13K is a pretty good price, if it hasn't been trashed.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #24
Well I bought it. Guess I'll update this thread over the next couple of years if I have any mechanical problems with a vehicle approaching the 100K mark. Engine runs like a top. Truck drives great. Love it, love it, love it.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #25
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
!!! Congrats man, did you check out Xr-u like I said? go join over there
Old 09-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #26
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strathound View Post
Well I bought it. Guess I'll update this thread over the next couple of years if I have any mechanical problems with a vehicle approaching the 100K mark. Engine runs like a top. Truck drives great. Love it, love it, love it.
Pics!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #27
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My father has an 05 Xrunner with 27,000 miles on it.
He bought it was 11,000, from a CHP officer about 2 years ago. So you know it's never been past 90

I took it's triple digit mph virginity though.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #28
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, congrats!
and it's a good truck if you like 2nd Gen styling
Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
Pics!
Will do. I'm about to start a new thread with my first impressions. And I'll get some pics soon.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #31
LAEquis is on a distinguished road
Name: Marco
LAEquis's Tacoma Gallery
I Traded in my 02 DC SR5 PreRunner for an BSP 11' X Runner. This truck is awesome, I love it! I miss my Prerunner thou< I miss the feeling that I could take over any obstacle on the road. The change was sudden. I went to a dealer to see the new TRD's black wheels and boom! there she was so I had to have the X! I had plans of installing new wheels on my PreRunner, I had bought 4 Bronze TRD Beadlock style and now I have to sell them. I'm willing to see them go for $1000.00 + shipping including the installation kit(only for Tacos) The part numbers are: PTR18-35090- BR for the wheels and PTR27-35100 for the TRD installation kit. If you still planning on getting an X you can not go wrong with it, at the end IT'S A TAcoma! Question, How can I post this so more members can see it? e-mail me if interested at marcoantoniofl@yahoo.com
Old 10-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #32
Big O is on a distinguished road

Name: Owen
Big O's Tacoma Gallery
Xs

He's right they did not come with a specific manual. They came with the standard Tacoma's manual.
I would say that one should do all of those procedures now since you don't know when they were done last.
I would also sugest to go ahead & switch all of those fluids to Royal Purple full synthic. & a K & N air filter also.
My '06 X is not a "race car with a bed" , but it is a blast to drive.

Big O
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The X Runners do not have a specific manual.

http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/docum...oma_WMG_lr.pdf

Since the truck is used with almost 100K I would suggest new tranny fluid, new rear axle fluid, new plugs, inspect brake fluid quality, coolant quality inspection, new air filter and new engine oil and filter.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #33
Pillsbry10 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
Pillsbry10's Tacoma Gallery
its just like any other truck....its only as good as the person before you took care of it.

on the bright side they are still to expensive for punk kids to buy new lol so if you get them second itll probably be in good shape

got mine with 49,000 miles its an 05, its got 52k now
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #34
Facial Hair Extraordinaire!
TheDirtyGoatee is on a distinguished road

Name: Dale
TheDirtyGoatee's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if your questions have been answered but I routinely get 21 mpg average with slight aggressive driving.

Any questions, ask this guy. Mine's fairly mint with less than 20k miles though.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #35
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
I love my xrunner always turned faces...there's always issues on Any vehicle and also how I take care of of. I had mine for 2 years no problems it has 109k and still strong. Handle awesome but wait til you get the ss track kit consisting of 900 ppi front coils and composite leafs. Handles so good you will out handle a 350z. I went to the track yesterday and I was only .45 secs below a Subaru STI. yes a STI the new suspension set up is awesome.

If u have Any more questions let.me.know ill try to answer best of my knowledge!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #36
Facial Hair Extraordinaire!
TheDirtyGoatee is on a distinguished road

Name: Dale
TheDirtyGoatee's Tacoma Gallery
Link to purchasing the SS kit you refer to?

I took the XR up to the TotD. Unfortunately it was raining but I still managed to have quite a lot of fun, keep a decent speed through the curves, and best of all... like 5 cars the whole time is all I passed due to weather. I even found myself behind the Killboy truck at one point... lol
Old 11-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #38
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got my Prerunner with 120k on the clock, still runs like new and rides like new as well! I beat on it and redline it every day, just to hear the sweet sound it makes while pushed hard with the intake I installed. Its a Toyota it will run past 200k! The 1GR-Fe in my truck is awesome! More than enough power came with oil and tranny cooler!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #39
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
I think this might be what he's talking about

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=41613

Yes but its under new owner ship...
Old 11-17-2011, 01:49 AM   #40
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Whats wrong with the new ownership??