Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Custom Oil Pan

Old 10-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #21
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, that is almost too artistic to actually use. Very nice work!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #22
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Well I have been looking. The reason I would go 08 is because they have real limited slips and no VSC. I rarely wheel my truck and the X would still haul my quad around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
wow, did not see that coming. what with all the "fast" truck bashing.

Those x-runners are pretty sweet though, quick enough to be fun but still useful.
You forgot to mention the pure amount of dimensional shifting awesomeness that comes stock with all Xr's
Old 10-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #23
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
You forgot to mention the pure amount of dimensional shifting awesomeness that comes stock with all Xr's
Nah the only truck that had that standard was the GMC Syclone.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #24
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nah the only truck that had that standard was the GMC Syclone.

...... I just coughed up my lunch a little....

Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #25
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
...... I just coughed up my lunch a little....

Posted via
Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #26
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
I have not posted this on TW.

I made this custom baffled oil pan. It holds 7 1/2 quarts.

Compared to a stock X-Runner oil pan.

Extended oil pick up tube.

Installed on truck.
You made this?! or had it made? that thing is sweeeeeeet!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #27

Quote:

Posted via
I love how you developed an internet compatible sandwich, share your wisdom
Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #28
Banned
Quote:
I love how you developed an internet compatible sandwich, share your wisdom
It is in the smilies.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #29

Quote:
It is in the smilies.
O rly?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #30
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
O rly?
yeah! lisa asked for it to be made into one lol
's for everyone
Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #31
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
You made this?! or had it made? that thing is sweeeeeeet!

I had it made. I took some measurements off the stock pan and the crossmember. I made some drawings and had a machine shop carve it out of a solid piece of aluminum.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #32
Big O is on a distinguished road

Name: Owen
Big O's Tacoma Gallery
1st one

U are the creator of this good idea.
But, I would choose to loose that qt. to get that drain plug up & out of the way. Any crash bar U put on will only lower the ground clearence more , causeing more bottom drags.
How much do U want for that 1st one? Big O
Quote:
My first one was an inch shorter. It tucks better, but you loose a quart.

I am going to build a crash bar to protect it. I will post some pics when it is done.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #33
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O View Post
U are the creator of this good idea.
But, I would choose to loose that qt. to get that drain plug up & out of the way. Any crash bar U put on will only lower the ground clearence more , causeing more bottom drags.
How much do U want for that 1st one? Big O
If you go look at the pics again, you will notice the lower a frame pin points are lower than the oil pan. Also the two long axis structural members are about (not quite) the same depth as the oil pan. You do not need much to protect the oil pan from a front hit. Even as it sits, it will clear a standard 4" curb.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #34
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It tucks behind the crossmember pretty well.

I am going to make a guard to protect it.
i have to ask, is that a corvette trunk mat?

i saw it and thought "what the heck?"
Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #35

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
i have to ask, is that a corvette trunk mat?

i saw it and thought "what the heck?"

My wife drives a Z06. This is the mat that goes in the hatch portion. Sun fades them pretty fast. I get the old ones and use them for working under the vehicles.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:43 AM   #36
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
My wife drives a Z06. This is the mat that goes in the hatch portion. Sun fades them pretty fast. I get the old ones and use them for working under the vehicles.
sounds like a good use to me

nice car by the way
Old 10-12-2011, 05:53 AM   #37

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a pic of it.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #38

i would kill myself within an hour....
Old 11-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #39
boricua
thelostrican is on a distinguished road
Army:
thelostrican's Tacoma Gallery
i can tell you guys without a doubt that coupes oil pan, is great, i installed mine about a week ago...and its better in person than in pics...
came in with all the hardware etc...

i will say this, removing the studs that hold the pick up tube was a little bit tedious, removing the ones (2) that hold the oil pan...was a @$%^...obiously i didnt have the right tool for it....49 bucks later its was all good....although in the process i broke one of the outside studs...so my oil pan is being hold with one less screw....ill probably have to remove the oil pan again to take that one out....
Old 02-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #40
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Crap!
I'm at work and this company computer blocks the pictures