Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Custom Oil Pan

Old 09-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Oil Pan

I have not posted this on TW.

I made this custom baffled oil pan. It holds 7 1/2 quarts.

Compared to a stock X-Runner oil pan.

Extended oil pick up tube.

Installed on truck.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice piece of art.
Bet that'd run alot of time to mass produce em.

Nice one Coupe..very functional
Old 09-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome!!! hope the truck is not too lowered, gonna be replacing alot of those.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
It tucks behind the crossmember pretty well.

I am going to make a guard to protect it.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #5

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Nice piece of art.
Bet that'd run alot of time to mass produce em.

Nice one Coupe..very functional

I don't plan to make many of these. The market will be pretty limited. I am happy with the results.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
It tucks behind the crossmember pretty well.

I am going to make a guard to protect it.
mud guard LOL i got some spare trash bags, u can just cover it up! or just save all ur old oil bottles, melt them all down n form fit them. idk how but it sounds like a good mod day project
Old 09-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Awesome work man.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #8

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobo670 View Post
mud guard LOL i got some spare trash bags, u can just cover it up! or just save all ur old oil bottles, melt them all down n form fit them. idk how but it sounds like a good mod day project

I have something a little more trick in mind.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #9
Big O is on a distinguished road

Name: Owen
Big O's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice

That is one of the nicest pieces of work/good idea I've seen in a long time. If you could make it an inch shallower all the concerns about draging would be taken care of. I really like the way you put the heat fins on this bottom.
I just switched my trans fluid to Royal Purple syn & I was impressed that the trans body is fined for heat already.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
wow! did you cut it out on a CNC or what? very nice work
Old 10-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Makes me want to trade in for a 08 X-Runner.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Makes me want to trade in for a 08 X-Runner.
lol I will eat dog doo the day you buy an x-runner.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
THAT is the nicest freakin oil pan I have seen!!!!!........I want to touch it ....
Old 10-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
lol I will eat dog doo the day you buy an x-runner.
Well I have been looking. The reason I would go 08 is because they have real limited slips and no VSC. I rarely wheel my truck and the X would still haul my quad around.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #15
braaap

Quote:
Well I have been looking. The reason I would go 08 is because they have real limited slips and no VSC. I don't wheel my truck and the X woudl still haul my quad around.
wow, did not see that coming. what with all the "fast" truck bashing.

Those x-runners are pretty sweet though, quick enough to be fun but still useful.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
wow, did not see that coming. what with all the "fast" truck bashing.

Those x-runners are pretty sweet though, quick enough to be fun but still useful.
Well it would still be a slow turd when compared to a car but it can actually do some work. If I got one I would get a Diamond Back tonneau cover to put the quad on. Most places I go riding you will see a car there.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #17
braaap

Quote:
Well it would still be a slow turd when compared to a car but it can actually do some work. If I got one I would get a Diamond Back tonneau cover to put the quad on. Most places I go riding you will see a car there.
well then I say its a good idea. I wouldn't have a 4x4 if I didn't need it thats for sure.

sorry for going off topic OP.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
well then I say its a good idea. I wouldn't have a 4x4 if I didn't need it thats for sure.

sorry for going off topic OP.
Well I used to wheel somewhat but it is just eh. I would get another car and fix it up but I just don't have the space.

Free bumps for the OP for making a sweet product.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #19

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O View Post
That is one of the nicest pieces of work/good idea I've seen in a long time. If you could make it an inch shallower all the concerns about draging would be taken care of. I really like the way you put the heat fins on this bottom.
I just switched my trans fluid to Royal Purple syn & I was impressed that the trans body is fined for heat already.
My first one was an inch shorter. It tucks better, but you loose a quart.

I am going to build a crash bar to protect it. I will post some pics when it is done.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #20
Xrunner Junkie
gunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
Name: John
gunner76137's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
My first one was an inch shorter. It tucks better, but you loose a quart.

I am going to build a crash bar to protect it. I will post some pics when it is done.
Looks top notch just like all the other things i've seen you do.
VERY NICE WORK