Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

MAIL CALL!

Old 01-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #21
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
the heat exchanger for the trd supercharger is in the way of where the intake would be.
What doyou have to "chop up" to make it fit?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #23
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
What doyou have to "chop up" to make it fit?
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...d+supercharger

Not worth your time cutting it up. Just get a TRD 1st gen or AFE CAI.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #24
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well thanks guys for shitting in my oatmeal lol. Ok well whats the next proven best CAI with the trd s/c? Money is no issue so idk about price differences
Old 01-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #25
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
iJelly
Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #26
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Quote:
Well thanks guys for shitting in my oatmeal lol. Ok well whats the next proven best CAI with the trd s/c? Money is no issue so idk about price differences
http://www.urdusa.com/Intakes-Cold-A...duct_info.html

But if money is no object I would get a TRD 1st gen with a coupe cover. Can't go wrong with everything matching perfectly.

Mine
Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #27
Bam-Ba-Lam

When you say 1st gen, its a first gen intake FOR a second gen right? Not an intake made for a 1st gen tacoma.

Just makin sure cause i only researched the urd tcai cause i liked it the best
Old 01-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #28
Quote:
When you say 1st gen, its a first gen intake FOR a second gen right? Not an intake made for a 1st gen tacoma.

Just makin sure cause i only researched the urd tcai cause i liked it the best
The TRD ones are both for the 2nd gen tacos. The first TRD intake (AFE made) isn't carb approved and it works well with the TRD S/C. 2nd gen TRD (K&N made) is crap and doesn't play nice with the S/C, although it is carb approved if it matters to you. Even with the N/A guys have some problems.... that is why G made a special tune for the MAP calibrator.

P.S. I did have a TCAI when I was N/A and I loved it. I didn't want to hack it up so I sold it. Also I think that the MAF sensor readings aren't perfect when you cut it up.

Did your stuff ship out yet? Talk to G. I'm sure he will let you return the TCAI, especially since your a soldier.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #29
Bam-Ba-Lam

Ok. Are websites still selling new trd (afe version) intakes? Or is it something im gonna have to buy used?
Old 01-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #30
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I don't even know what it is and I'm jelly! Something about those three red letters
Old 01-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #31
Bam-Ba-Lam

No it didnt ship. Had to wait to order cause the wife bought a purse. Go figure
Old 01-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
Quote:
Ok. Are websites still selling new trd (afe version) intakes? Or is it something im gonna have to buy used?
No. You would have to find one used or be prepared to pay a premium for a TRD labelled one. The AFE one is the exact same without the red rubber connectors and the lettering. If your indifferent to the looks hit up G and he will hook you up with a AFE CAI.

As for the purse comment lol. Luis Vuitton purses add up quick haha. I swear to god with the money my mom and aunts spend on purses I could have easily had a mint Supra.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #33
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
No. You would have to find one used or be prepared to pay a premium for a TRD labelled one. The AFE one is the exact same without the red rubber connectors and the lettering. If your indifferent to the looks hit up G and he will hook you up with a AFE CAI.

As for the purse comment lol. Luis Vuitton purses add up quick haha. I swear to god with the money my mom and aunts spend on purses I could have easily had a mint Supra.
Yea i wasjust checkin the afe stage 2si and it looks exactly the same and isnt carb so im good with that. Markings dont matter to me, just performance so im good with afe.

Yea my wife has quite a few expensive purses but im good with it cause she lets me go ape shit with my vehicles. I bought a 2010 dcsb tacoma in '09 and modded the shit outta that and sold it for my 2011 xr and now im droppin 7 g's on it so a purse every now and then is good with me
Old 01-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #34
Bam-Ba-Lam

Not bad for a 21 year old lol
Old 01-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #35
Quote:
Not bad for a 21 year old lol
Nice man. I'm 17 though

Just call up G and get an AFE instead of the URD TCAI. Then hit up "Coupe" here or on XRU and he will hook you up with a cover for it like mine.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #36
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
Nice man. I'm 17 though
yea but your canadian so it doesnt count hahahaa jk

Thanks for the help bro. Ill be ordereing the rest of my stuff in a week or so
Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #37
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
i wish i had the coin to drop on my x like that. lol. be careful over there so you can actually make it home to play with your new toys lol
Old 01-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #38
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
i wish i had the coin to drop on my x like that. lol. be careful over there so you can actually make it home to play with your new toys lol
Will do man